These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: ToneCore Development Kit

Status of this product
by CraigG66 on 2012-01-11 04:31:10

Hi,

I'm interested in developing effects using the kit but I see that in the online store I can buy the developer kit but not any blank modules (pedals). Is this platform being phased out?

Many thanks...

Re: Status of this product
by mjkirk12 on 2012-01-14 15:45:59

It now shows 22 blank modules in stock, when stock = 1, then they are out of stock.  Not sure about phase out of this product.

The programmable (blank) module plugs into the pedal (dock).  The mono and stereo dock show stock = 1 (out of stock).

If you are good at reading schematics (free to download here) you can wire in a USB connector (3 wires: USB+, USB- and GND) to any Line 6 tonecore pedal (in the midboard circuit) and have a developer kit at lower cost.  Just drill a small hole in the side of the pedal and pass the USB cable with connector out.

If interested, I have pictures of the process - let me know and I can send what I have off-list.

You still need to buy the $35 programmable modules from Line 6, but only need to modify one base pedal (dock) to add the USB to program them.

Cheers,
Mike

by RedPandaCurt on 2012-01-14 17:27:27

The Line 6 store shows 22 blank modules in stock, but if you try to add them to your cart it won't let you:

"Out of Stock (22 in stock)"

by mjkirk12 on 2012-01-15 17:30:13

Yes, my mistake.  You are correct. Hopefully someone from Line6 can correct this problem.

by Line6Don on 2012-01-25 09:49:57

The blank/empty mono/stereo docks should be available around late February, they are currently on back order. Please check back on the store page for the inventory status.

by cheezor on 2012-04-11 15:14:35

I would love to see some pics and more info about making your own dock. I already bought a dock, but it may help others to get into this. My email is cheezor@mail.com if you want to post them here or send them directly to my email, either way, it would be awesome! Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.