These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

Using Monkey with the DT25
by MikeTicehurst on 2012-01-11 23:57:40

Hi

I've recently bought a DT25 112 Combo & mightily impressed I am too.

I have one query though.

I have noticed that Line 6 Monkey supports the DT25 112 but I was wondering how to connect the DT25 to my computer. I know there are standard midi connections on the DT25, but I also have the HD500. Will Line 6 Monkey recognise the DT25 if connected to the computer via the L6 link through the HD 500. If so will it do this through a standard XLR cable, or does it have to be the AES/EBU type XLR cable? Or do I need to connect via the standard midi connections?

Is there any necessity to connect the DT25 to Monkey, does it need updating?

Mike Ticehurst

Re: Using Monkey with the DT25
by Rowbi on 2012-01-12 00:55:40

no it wont recognist the DT25 via the HD500.

I would think there will be updates for the DT25 at some time, even if you don't need to update now, it's probably highly likely you would need to in the future.

Most people I know tent to use the M-Audio Uno usb to MIDI adapter, and Line 6 recommend this adapter too.  it's quite cheap (around £30) and monkey would be able to see your DT25 connected to that adapter.

I seem to remember that you should download the correct drivers for that MIDI adapter from M-audios site, as the built in drivers in Windows will seem to work, but don't work so well actually, whereas the M-Audio proper drivers do work very well.

hope this helps

Rowbi

by MikeTicehurst on 2012-01-12 01:45:34

Many thanks for your reply.

I use a Mac running Lion as opposed to Windows.

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro audio/midi interface so that should do the job.

I assume I would have to set this up in Monkey?

Mike Ticehurst

by tomoinn on 2012-01-12 10:31:54

Mike - I have a windows setup with a Focusrite Scarlett 18i6. With the midi in of the interface connected to the out of the amp and vice versa monkey detects the amp without any further intervention. I believe you can update the amp with only the interface out -> amp in, but you won't get the information about the current state of the amp (obviously, it has no way to communicate this).

Cheers,

Tom

by Rowbi on 2012-01-13 08:40:23

MikeTicehurst wrote:

Many thanks for your reply.

I use a Mac running Lion as opposed to Windows.

I have a Focusrite Saffire Pro audio/midi interface so that should do the job.

I assume I would have to set this up in Monkey?

Mike Ticehurst

just plug the midi in on the interface connected to the midi out on the DT25, then the midi out on the interface to midi in on the amp.

assuming the midi interface drivers are installed ok, then monkey should just work when you open it it will see the DT25. OR you can select another device within Monkey to see the amp.

you can't really do any damage so long as the cables are connected ok. so just hook it up and see how it goes.

Cheers

Rowbi

by MikeTicehurst on 2012-01-14 02:20:33

Tom

Only just read your post.

Many thanks for the info. I thought that would be the answer but just wanted it confirming

Mike

by MikeTicehurst on 2012-01-14 02:23:04

Once again many thanks for the info

Mike

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.