These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Error in Manual? How do I calibrate FBV Express MKII
by amasters2000 on 2012-01-12 13:38:04

I am new FBV Express MKII owner, and after downloading latest updates/patches, the manual "FBV MkII Advanced User Guide" states I should re-calibrate the controller.   However, aftet the power up (holding down switch D - and receiving a "1" on the numerical display), the next step states I should...

• Press the on-board pedal forward fully and hold down pedal’s Toe Switch until the Tuner display changes to “2”. This should occur instantly.

There isn't a Toe Switch on the controller; just the pedal.   I purchased this new from Guitar Center.  Is there an error in the manual?  Am I missing a Toe Switch?  I can't seem to find any way to change the display to "2"

Thanks for any help.

Andrew

Re: Error in Manual? How do I calibrate FBV Express MKII
by fflbrgst on 2012-01-12 15:17:08

The toe switch is there, you just can't see it!  You have to step down hard on it.  Bare feet or sitting down won't do it.

by amasters2000 on 2012-01-21 14:39:18

fflbrgst, thanks for the reply.   Unfortunately this model just simply doesn't appear to have a toe switch.   I took it back to Guitar Center, and we even looked at another new one in the box.   No toe switch.   I'm not sure if it really matters, since it works fine.  I have been able to complete the MIDI mapping to Garage Band as well with no problem.  Am I missing anyting critical by not calibrating?

by fflbrgst on 2012-01-22 05:04:08

I'm sure the GC guy was looking for a physical in-and-out switch, too!  If you look, you will see a round window (with black surround) - a tactile switch, I believe. the pedal has a steel tab that presses down against it.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.