These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

I can't make the conection between teh fbv express 2 and the computer
by chisco on 2012-01-15 04:58:39

apparently the windows xp can't recognize the Fbv.

i conect it together with my spider 4 and nothing happens. windows tells me theres a problem.. etc

Re: I can't make the conection between teh fbv express 2 and the computer
by fflbrgst on 2012-01-16 06:41:11

I assume you are using a standard USB cable to connect the FBV to the computer.  Make sure you plug directly into a USB port, not a USB hub.  Sometimes you need to disconnect other USB devices while you do this.

XP is probably trying to find 'drivers' for the new device (the FBV), but there are none for it to find.

Have you registered your gear here at Line6.com? 

You will need to download Line 6 Monkey, the software managing program first, then you can update the flash memory on both the FBV and amp.  Lastly, you can download Spider Edit to allow you access to all the tones at customtone.com.

RE: I can't make the conection between teh fbv express 2 and the computer
by laplayantonio on 2012-01-25 03:47:30

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.