These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider I / II / III

Spider III 30 Watt loud noise when guitar cable is plugged in.
by yimmi2000 on 2012-01-17 11:41:04

When I plug in the amp, there is nothing unusual. But when the guitar cable is plugged in, a loud buzzing sound emits. When the cord is unplugged from the guitar, the buzzing noise continues whether the cord is touching skin, clothing, etc. It is not the normal buzz of an amp, it is much louder. I've tried several cables but the problem persist, I've reset the amp to the factory settings but this didn't work either.Could you help me please.

Thanks

Jaime R.

Re: Spider III 30 Watt loud noise when guitar cable is plugged in.
by Kneehow on 2012-01-25 11:32:52

The 1/4" input jack/board internally could have an open/short. To really know for sure, a qualified repair tech should confirm this to be true in person. You've done everything we would've suggested to try as far as customer diagnosis goes.

There may be an Authorized Service Center (ASC) of ours in your area. If so, please consider having a repair tech at the facility diagnose the suspected internal issue and provide you with fix options: http://line6.com/service_centers/

Re: Spider III 30 Watt loud noise when guitar cable is plugged in.
by h20rockstar on 2012-12-10 20:05:49

Not a guitar amp expert but let me suggest the following.  Generally it's pretty abusive to plug an instrument into a powered amplifier.  I believe it has to do with the retaliation characteristics of the input stage but someone more expert regarding input stages of these amplifiers might know better.  You might consider simply installing your cable into your guitar followed by installing the plug into the amplifier followed by powering up your amplifier. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.