These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Next Update: I have a feeling it's soon
by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-17 14:02:08

Anyone else thinks that?  Here's what I think.

1- The announcements in this screen no longer has 1.4 update

2-HD300 400 didn't get the 1.4 yet and just like before the HD500 got updated first before 1.3 meanwhile 300 and 400 didn't get the update that preceded that (because HD500 owners squawk. squeal  and Squeak more so you got to grease them first). I know line 6 didn't forget about the 300 and 400 who haven’t received an update in more than six months.

3-Two days from now, line 6 will have a huge announcement in NAMM, according to the news “the biggest in the history of the company”

All that to me implies that either tomorrow or Thursday the next hopefully big update is coming, global EQ and maybe Custom IR capabilities etc...

Re: Next Update: I have a feeling it's soon
by BulldogXTRM on 2012-01-17 14:13:35

All of that would be great Dean and I guess you could say that the HD500 users squeel, but I just don't want my HD500 squeeling anymore.

A 10 band global EQ and Custom IR's would be awesome!

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-17 14:29:23

I am the biggest squeeler there is, that wasn't directed at anyone. I remember that because at the time the first update came out for the 500 and not for the 300, I owned the 300 at the time and I wasn't happy. I started a discusion  wondering if the 300 and 400 owners where step children to line 6 . In about 6-8 weeks the 300 got updated. Few months later I updated to the HD500 knowing all the missing stuf in it. I'm still waiting to figure out if the MIC input will ever get some pre-amp model or if a MarkII or soldano will ever make it to the line up even if I have to pay for that at this point. Also a new driver update that will end the Squeeling noise would be great, because I rolled back to the previous driver, I simply can't afford any more hearing loss. How about some of the old X3 Pod farm functionlity where you can record dry and hear wet, and the list goes on, but in time I know this stuff will be updated and until then there's always a work around such as the SPDIF dry etc..

by Karl_Houseknecht on 2012-01-17 17:21:04

DeanDinosaur wrote:

3-Two days from now, line 6 will have a huge announcement in NAMM, according to the news “the biggest in the history of the company”

All that to me implies that either tomorrow or Thursday the next hopefully big update is coming

Do you think a little firmware update on one product qualifies as the most significant announcement in the history of the company?

by mdme_sadie on 2012-01-17 17:26:34

If it involves bacon, then yes.

by daferalo on 2012-01-17 17:30:52

I think that the big announcement would be more related to a sort of agreement done with another company. Maybe Line 6 has been purchased by Roland-Boss, so that we will get a GT10-POD HD 500 mixture!!! jejeje. I am just kinding!!!

Best Regards,

Daf

by Karl_Houseknecht on 2012-01-17 17:58:59

daferalo wrote:

I think that the big announcement would be more related to a sort of agreement done with another company. Maybe Line 6 has been purchased by Roland-Boss

If so, we'd never get another firmware update again.

Seriously, I love my GT-10 and my GT-Pro.  But neither have gotten a single update in their entire lifetime.

by Karl_Houseknecht on 2012-01-17 18:00:57

mdme_sadie wrote:

If it involves bacon, then yes.

A bacon-wrapped firmware update.  You're right, it really does make everything better.

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-17 20:22:57

Karl_Houseknecht wrote:

DeanDinosaur wrote:

All that to me implies that either tomorrow or Thursday the next hopefully big update is coming

Do you think a little firmware update on one product qualifies as the most significant announcement in the history of the company?

Of course not, but usually big announcements are bundled with upgrades to other products in line 6's case if not on the same day, usually within a few days.. Wasn't the POD HD PRO around the same time the 1.4 was released.  The big announcement is probably a completely new product, but from a marketing stand point, the HD product line needs to be reinforced regardless what the announcement is. What better time to release a new update when most musicians are all ears and in the end of the announcement say "POD HD firmware etc etc is available for download for current owners". It's telling everyone that line 6 takes good care of their customers and most likely will generate new sales...I know it did sound like I was saying that the firmware was the announcement, but I guess I didn't clarify my rationale..I remember POD 1.0 was updated for free to 2.0 and moved from 16 amps to 32 amps to generate more sales, so why should this POD HD be any different, I wouldn't mind another 16 amps and many watchers on the sidline will jump in with more amps...or whatever upgrade.

by Sanya234 on 2012-01-18 06:33:55

I hope Line 6 will update firmware and pod hd finally will get such features as....Amp sim switching off and may be some new amps...

by StudioTM on 2012-01-18 13:07:44

Digital wireless mixer including modelling technology,  wireless communication to new wireless speakers, and wireless mics & guitars.

A complete cable free live setup, that would be something to whine about.

Just my two cent!

Thor

by RTLdan on 2012-01-18 18:08:38

I've been waiting for a long time for Line6 to use their Wireless G-Series technology to bring us digital IEM's...

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-19 05:27:02

Haha!  DeanDinosaur:   Psychic !  Version 2.0 announced today.  

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-19 06:05:33

Oh  yeah Jim.  I wish I was Psychic, I would have played the lottery a long time ago. I figured it was marketing 101 and advertising to target markets in this day and age is a must for companies to stay alive. But I honestly love the new update

2 guitar amps (Plexi Lead normal, and PLexi Lead bright)

1 Bass amp with:

8 New Mic MOdels for the Bass amp, I hope we can use these with other regular guitar cabinets

And finally

1 Mic Pream Model

To me the HD is a complete product now but I wouldn't mind some Global EQ and more model Packs that include a mark II C

Here's the link for the announcement:

http://line6.com/news/general/1200

by gregr on 2012-01-19 13:59:30

Two amps?  No, that's just the lesson on hype in Marketing 101.

Marshall did not make a Bright Plexi amp and a Normal Plexi amp, they made a single amp with two modes.

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-19 16:35:53

gregr wrote:

Two amps?  No, that's just the lesson on hype in Marketing 101.

Marshall did not make a Bright Plexi amp and a Normal Plexi amp, they made a single amp with two modes.

Ok so it's two channels from one amp, but the cool thing about the POD HD,  that you couldn't do with that one marshall amp,  is play the two channels simultaneously  into completely different cabinets if you like!

Hype! What Hype? I like line 6 marketing but if the products didn't diliver I woulnd't have bought anything from line 6. There's NO (NONE) comparable unit outhere under any price that provides what my HD 500 provides in One unit. Controller, Multieffect, Amp Modeling, Sound CArd for recording, Editing software, etc, etc and the amp modeling is among the best. I honestly would say HDs are understated or underrated if anything (Under_hyped). Aren't those the reasons you bought into it, or did you buy into some hype?

by gregr on 2012-01-19 16:54:48

It was not impossible to switch between normal and bright on a Plexi from the floor.

Is the HD underrated or understated?  Not on this forum, that's for sure.

Why did I ditch my RP1000 for the HD500?  That is an interesting question.  It wasn't because of better sounding effects or better sounding high-gain amp models, to be certain!

Did I buy into HD500 hype?  Actually, no, I did not.  I demoed the unit for an hour or so, and to be honest, I wasn't very impressed.  I didn't buy it until some months later as an effects-only unit with the promise of MIDI, holding my nose at the inferior-sounding choruses and (at the time) crappy noise gate.  I really didn't want to bother with 4CM so I did what many of the others around here are doing, painfully tweaking, painfully tweaking and painfully tweaking settings in order to dial in something that approximates the sound in my head.

I know already not to believe people in marketing.  I learned that a long time ago as an engineer for a company that was driven (into the ground) by the marketing department.

So with all this vitriol from me, you might be asking if there's anything I like about the HD500?  Well yeah, it's pretty convenient especially when all I would have to bring to the studio was it and my guitar.  I got it to sound good enough for me, though my bandmates kept complaining that my tone had no balls.  I really chalked that up to differences in taste.

Now I have a really really great amp that can get tones that the HD500 can't.  Somehow I've also managed to accumulate a few stomp pedals.  A few more (maybe an M9 with an expression pedal or two?) and I'll consider mounting them to a board and giving craigslist vierwers yet another HD500 to look at.

...then again it does make a nice MIDI controller, provided I'm willing to lug a rack.  So far I am not feeling so inclined.

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-19 17:43:22

I have the complete opposite experience of what you explain. I actually fireup the HD 500 and within minutes I get almost any sound in my head. I use it through a mixer and studio monitors and I have too many good patches that can be morphed into other good sounding patches and I can't wait to get my hand on this new update. I'm like a little kid on the night before christmas... I'm sorry that you're having a bad experience with the POD, How about trying it into a mixer to studio monitors and hopefully that would work better...

by gregr on 2012-01-19 18:17:06

If I felt inclined to give up using a real amp, then maybe, sure.  I do enjoy the ability to run the HD with an FRFR setup though.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.