These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Vyzex Editor

few questions
by Geberten on 2012-01-17 14:20:21

Hi all,

i have bought a new "Pocket POD" and downloaded "Vyzex Pocket POD". I have read all 3 manuals but could not find some information.

I have no experience with "Vyzex Pocket POD" and i am a beginner with my new e-guitar and love Metal-Music.

1a) How can i see/check how much free space i have on the Pocket POD?

1b) Do i need to delete the default tones/L6T-files to free space?

2) How do i start from scratch to make/create a new tone/L6T-file or can i just modify already existing tone/L6T-file?

3) What information are saved in the L6T-file?

4) Are there any other free tools i can use to make/create a new tone/L6T-file?

5) Does anyone have some advice/information/URL on Metal-Music tone/L6T-file and "Vyzex Pocket POD"?

Thank you all for your help.

Regrds from Germany-Cologne,

Serkan (aka Geberten)

Re: few questions
by Line6Don on 2012-01-26 10:21:15

1a) Within the Vyzex Editor you can click on the black arrow within the 'Name' field located in the top center of the editor. This will show you all of your memory locations , you have 31 banks of A, B, C, D available.

1b) Yes you will as there is only 31 banks of A, B, C, D. You will need to overwrite an exsisting tone in order to free up space.

2) Since the PocketPOD comes with its own presets you can use them as starting points to create your own tones.

3) All the settings of the tone that you see within the Vyzex editor are saved to the .L6T file.

4) You can download more user created tones for free from our customtone website at the link below:

http://line6.com/customtone/browse/pocketpod/">http://line6.com/customtone/browse/pocketpod/">http://line6.com/customtone/browse/pocketpod/

5) Here is some general advice to creating your own tone:

If you want to create an artist-inspired tone “from scratch,” start by researching the guitar setup you are trying to emulate. Web sites, such as guitargeek.com and uberproaudio.com, list the rigs of many well-known guitarists. Guitar and recording magazines often print accurate diagrams and layouts (sometimes with the actual microphones used and distance from the cabinet).

Finding the following information will help you create an artist tone from scratch:

Amplifier, speaker and cabinet. Generally speaking, open-back guitar cabinets (such as a 2x12 cabinet found on many Fender® and Vox® amplifiers) will have less low-end response than a closed-back cabinet (such as a 4x12 closed-back cabinet used with many Marshall® and Mesa/Boogie® amplifiers)

Guitar (make/model) and pickup type. Alder or Ash bodies (commonly found on many Fender® guitars) sound different than mahogany bodies with maple tops (commonly found on many Gibson® guitars). Single-coil pickups (often used for bright/clean tones) sound different than humbuckers (which sound darker than single-coil pickups but not as noisy when used for higher gain tones)

Pedals, effects and signal-chain placement. Effects can drastically change a guitar tone so you should know what effects were used and where they were placed (between the instrument and amplifier, or after the amplifier).

Microphone type and placement. If possible, find out the kind of microphone used to record the tone and its angle and distance from the speaker. All of these play a significant role in changing the sound.

Re: few questions
by Geberten on 2012-01-27 07:33:53

A big tank you for taking the time and answer all of my questions Line6Don.

This is a big help for me. Now i know some of the basics, how to work with the Pocket-POD (Hardware) and Vyzex (Software).

I have now a clear picture how to start.

Regards from Germany-Cologne,

Serkan (aka Geberten)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.