These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Pod 2.0 USB-MIDI trouble.
by samboy155 on 2012-01-18 02:43:17

Hi,
I am trying to connect my new POD 2.0 to the computer via the Midi USB interface (originally tried with cheap cable, and when that did not work, then tried with the suggested 'M-Audio' one.

About 1 in 5 times I power on the POD whilst holding 'MIDI' button and then run Line 6 Monkey does it actually detect it. The other 4 times, nothing.
When it does detect it, it says the 'newest version' (of POD software) is 2.54, but states that the current version is 'unknown'.

About 1 in 7 times I try, it updates sucessfully and asks me to restart the POD, which I do, and I'm back to where I'm started with 'unknown' current version.

The same connection problems occur when I try run Line 6 Edit, but even worse. It rarely (I think once or twice in the many many times I've tried it, and even those times it suddenly says it cannot detect/please check cables) detects the POD 2.0. When I 'add' a new device and specifiy the Midi In and Midi Out, and then select POD 2.0 as the device it appears with a big yellow question mark across the picture of the POD 2.0, and in the main window states 'no device connection'.

Any help please?
Thanks

EDIT: Reading through others posts with similar problems
I have chcked 4 different USB ports, all which I know work with other devices.
Am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Message was edited by: samboy155

Re: Pod 2.0 USB-MIDI trouble.
by samboy155 on 2012-01-18 03:11:12

Only just thought to update the driver for M-Audio midi interface. Will see if this changes anything

EDIT: No change.

Message was edited by: samboy155

Re: Pod 2.0 USB-MIDI trouble.
by samboy155 on 2012-01-18 03:27:48

Final reply.. ha.

Now that I read I don't have to worry about updating the PODS flash memory (due to not having any) I tried connecting the POD 2.0 to Line 6 Edit withouot powering whilst holding the MIDI button. This appears to have fixed the problem

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.