These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Cannot detect device on POD farm 2
by tomw360 on 2012-01-18 09:34:20

hello,

I dont know if i am doing it correctly or anything, but this is what i am doing.

Basically, i got this POD FARM 2 software for free when i purchased my amp, so i downloaded it, and bought a guitar jack to USB wire. I am plugging the wire into the Phones/Record out part on my amp, and then to my laptop with the usb end. I am then plugging my guitar into the usual Guitar part on my amp as per usual. After this i am loading the software up, and it tells me no device has been selected. After i click ok a box is brought up, saying that no device is found. Any ideas how i can find my device, or am i setting the thing up wrong or something obvious?

Would be apreciated, if know, what i am doing wrong, to tell me in simple terms as i am a noobie to this kind of MIDI stuff.

Thanks alot

-Tom

Re: Cannot detect device on POD farm 2
by tomw360 on 2012-01-24 14:35:16

hello,

can anyone help me at all?

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-24 15:20:16

you HAVE to have an ASIO device to use it...

which is to say an audio interface that has ASIO compliant drivers....

a usb to guitar input device wont work because an ASIO compliant device will have both an input and output on it....

which you will need to plug your speakers into... your laptop speakers won't work.

by laplayantonio on 2012-01-26 04:08:25

hello

the answer above is correct: If all of your questions have been answered please be sure to mark as 'Helpful' or 'Correct Answer' to community members who respond with helpful or correct answers, to close out the thread as “answered” if your situation has been resolved. Thanks!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.