These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV-59 Changing Models in Completely Random Way
by cpcook on 2012-01-19 10:12:12

I've got a JVT-59 and its started behaving very strangely. It jumps between models as I play and the pickup selector no longer switches the models as used to.

It also sounds dull, like most of the harmonics are missing

Does anyone know how to reboot it?

Re: JTV-59 Changing Models in Completely Random Way
by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-01-19 11:20:20

This might be a hardware issue, but before jumping to that conclusion, I'd recommend that you re-flash your guitar's Flash Memory to version 1.71 to see if that resolves it for you.  If not, you may need to check it in with your nearest authorised service centre for a health check and possible repair.

It does sound like your guitar may have developed the infamous 3 way switch problem experienced by early JTV-59 guitars up to around manufacturing dates of 04/11 (approximate).  You can get an idea of when your guitar was made from the serial number, so a guitar made in April 2011 would have a serial number that starts W1104.  This can only be fixed by an ASC or Line 6 and is covered by warranty

Nick

by cpcook on 2012-01-19 12:02:35

Thank Nick, I think you may be correct, the serial number is W101200167, which sounds like its early enough to be a faulty one.

I'm going to contact the service centre and see what they say

Cheers

Chris

by Line6Don on 2012-01-27 11:02:06

I would suggest that you contact our Line 6 UK office for assistance with service on this guitar, they can be reached at the contact info below:

The POD  [ Line 6 UK ]
Clifton House
Butlers Leap
Rugby, Warwickshire
CV21 3RQ
+44 1788 566 566 (phone)
0044 1327 302 704 (fax)

RE: JTV-59 Changing Models in Completely Random Way
by Line6Don on 2012-02-01 10:40:07

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.