These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Are both needed ? : USB and RJ45 link for FBV Express mk2 and POD HD Pro
by volfoni91 on 2012-01-20 07:37:19

Hello !

Am I obliged to connect PC - Footswitch through USB

and to connect : footswitch-Pod HD Pro thourgh RJ45

to get full functionalities ?

I guess yes (I may be wrong) , because I could tune my guitar through USB, and coud not if I only used the RJ45 connection ...

thanks,

cheers

Re: Are both needed ? : USB and RJ45 link for FBV Express mk2 and POD HD Pro
by TheRealZap on 2012-01-20 07:46:11

when you connect the usb the RJ45 connection is lost.... it cant conrtol both anyway...

its really either one or the other....

so not only do you not need both connected... i would advise against ever connecting both, since there is no benefit to doing so.

by volfoni91 on 2012-01-20 07:57:36

OK, thanks

so I've still an issue to get the tuning mode : using the Eth link, I could not change A. B menu display to

get the tune mode with multiple leds, I only got it when I connected USB

I had Eth link ON, and even holding a pedal more than 3 sec : I did not get the tune mode ...

pretty strange

Besides, I was heard that we could not get firmware update through Eth wire ? is that correct ?

thx

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-20 08:10:35

i did forget that exception... you are correct... you would hook up both when doing updates, or even using the spider edit programs...

i was only speaking about hooking them up when wanting to use the footswitches...

dont have the PRO, but even on my spider 3, the express only requires that you hold down any of the ABCD switches for a few seconds to access the tuner...

i've only ever done so with the rj45 no usb, as i didn't need to use both (the spider 3 cant be edited or updated either)

**** another exception... you dont want the usb plugged in to update any pod....

that only applies to updating spider amps...

hook up pod etc directly with their usb connection

by BigChas52 on 2012-01-20 08:13:33

You get firmware updates for both MKii Express and POD HD Pro via USB.  With the HD Pro, I belive the only time you need to plug in the FBV's USB is to update the FBV firmware (which isn't often)  Leave FBV USB unplugged for normal use.

Check out pages B8 - B9 of the POD HD Pro Advanced Manual for directions on the FBV MKii Express pedal.

http://line6.com/data/6/0a060b316ac34f0593aa48601/application/pdf/POD%20HD%20Pro%20Advanced%20Guide%20(%20Rev%20A%20).pdf

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-20 08:16:31

if i remember correctly... you also have to enable the FBV express pedal in the options....

as i said i don't have the pro... but i think this is the case for the bean and 500 i do have... and the pro should be the same.

by volfoni91 on 2012-01-20 14:12:28

Hi all !

many thanks again,

it runs ! perfectly because using the Ethernet link I can tune my guitar now !!

Im' trying now to use the footswitch now like I wanted to..,

bye, and thx again

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.