These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

Need very specific description of type of cable needed for FBV shortboard
by rscriz84 on 2012-01-20 12:54:05

I have an FBV shortboard for my old spider 2...and the wire it came with is damaged. I purchased what i was told to purchase for the pedal which was a standard cat 5 cable. I used the cable...and... the pedal did not function properly. I need someone to explain very specifically what kind of cable I need. I know that it's not just a standard cat 5 cable. There's definitely a difference in how many wires are in the cable and the colors of the wires. So I'm trying to figure out when I go in to radioshack or order another cable online...what kind of cable i am looking for exactly. If anyone can post a link to the exact cable i need or answer the question for me, I'd be so so very grateful. Please help me. please.

Re: Need very specific description of type of cable needed for FBV shortboard
by rscriz84 on 2012-01-20 12:55:44

P.S .... i know not to get a crossover cable as well. I've done a lot of research on what not to buy... and what to buy... but the information I read and what was in the manual and so far what I've seen in the forums hasn't been much use to me so I'm definitely looking for a very precise and definite answer so that I can get my pedal back up and running.

Re: Need very specific description of type of cable needed for FBV shortboard
by Line6Don on 2012-01-30 15:02:58

Your FBV Shortboard uses “RJ-45” connectors on each end. Note that this cable is indeed a standard “Category 5” computer network cable.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.