These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Floorboard / FB4 / FBV4

I need a replacement switch or pcb for FBV express
by jjack972 on 2012-01-20 23:16:00

I have an FBV express pedal which has recntly stopped switching to the "A" channel. All other functions of the pedal work fine. Can I purchase replacement parts for this pedal?

Re: I need a replacement switch or pcb for FBV express
by Line6McCool on 2012-01-25 16:46:39

Hi,

What is the exact problem you are having?  Does the A switch appear to be smashed down and the switch does not spring back after being pressed?  Or do you press the switch like normal and nothing happens?  I can track down the parts to replace the physical switch if that is indeed the problem.  Sometimes when a pedal is a few years old,  dust/dirt can get inside the switch and prevent it from making a connection to the circuit board which will cause it not to change channels.  You may try hitting that switch with some compressed air and see if that works.

If it ends up being a circuit board issue you may want to look into a used/new pedal.  The circuit board is the main component in that pedal and the cost to replace it is not much less than buying a new pedal.

by jjack972 on 2012-01-29 10:39:59

The problem is, sometimes when I press the A switch it will work, but most of the time it will not. This is a recent problem that just started happening my last band practice. When pressing the switch with my hand, I can feel a slight click but on the other swiches (B, C and D) the "click" is more pronounced. I will try blowing the switch out and see, but my gut tells me the switch itself needs replacement.

Thanks for the help!!

by jjack972 on 2012-01-30 19:18:11

Update: Well I tried what McCool suggested and voila!! it's working again...at least for now! I don't know as I would trust it to gig with, but so far, so good.

@Line6McCool - could you still track down a replacement switch for the pedal? I'd like to buy one and replace mine as a preventative measure...maybe even buy a couple extras for spares

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.