These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Jacks stopped working
by MuseFreak on 2012-01-21 15:15:43

Hey there!

The cable on my powersupply for my POD X3 Live melted while I was onstage. It stopped working. And then when I got a new powersupply (the right kind, I checked) My pedalboard started normally with the screen working like normal and the buttons working the way they were supposed to. Happy, I plugged in my guitar and my amp to play. Then I discovered that there was no sound. Now, I tried all the jack plugs on the back of the pedalboard. None of them seemed to work. No outputs or inputs. Tried every combination of ins and outs i possibly could with AUX and Standard Jack in plugs.

Any Idea what might've happened?
I've had my POD for like 2 or 3 years now, and I've been using it activley without any problems at all.

Did something shortcut? Is there any possibility I could get a replacement or do I have do buy a new one?
I'm considering sending it in for repair, but I'm thinking it might be cheaper to just get a new pedalboard.

Thanks!

Re: Jacks stopped working
by silverhead on 2012-01-22 06:36:08

It's likely that whatever caused your power supply cable to melt also caused some internal damage to your X3 Live. The only way to know for sure would be to take it for servicing. An inspection (which you would have to pay for) would tell you what needs to be replaced and the estimated cost.

As a diagnostic startin point I would plug in my guitar, select a patch that has Guitar as the Tone 1 input, and engage the Tuner. If the tuner does not recognize the guitar signal then there's definitely an internal problem. If the tuner works then I would use headphones to see if there's any output signal there. Finally, check all cables leading from your X3 outputs.

But my gut feeling?..... Your X3 Live has been fried and it will cost more to fix it than to get another pedalboard.

Re: Jacks stopped working
by laplayantonio on 2012-01-27 05:13:36

hello

you may try reinstalling the Flash Memory, in 'safe mode' if necessary: http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-4698

if this doesn't cure it, then contact your local Line6 Service/Distributor:

Luthman Norway AS

BOX 2174 Grünerløkka

0505 OSLO,+47 2238 4425 (phone)

+47 2238 4426 (fax)

www.luthman.no

line6antonio

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.