These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Spider IV/Spider Online

Where can I download more presets for my Spider IV 75 watt?
by JonClark8502 on 2012-01-21 16:34:53

So I have the spider iv 75 watt and I have no idea where to download more presets from. I have the FBV MKII which has a slot on the back that says USB so I'm assuming thats how you would connect the amp to the computer. Anyways I need some website links to where to download the presets and guides of how to download them. Thanks!

Re: Where can I download more presets for my Spider IV 75 watt?
by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-01-22 03:11:35

Hi

If you look at the top of this page you'll see a link to Custom Tone.  That's where you will find a whole bunch of tones for your Spider IV 75

Yes - you connect the amp to the FBV MkII using the standard Ethernet cable and then you connect the FBV MkII to your computer.  You d/l the presets you want from Custom Tone or elsewhere and then you load them into the amp's editor software (Spider IV Edit) to audition the tones and if you like what you hear you can SEND the tone permananetly to your amp from the editor.

You do need to install your FBV MkII pedal board's drivers onto your computer and you should make sure your amp can be 'seen' by the computer.  You should use Line 6 Monkey to update your amp's firmware to the latest version if it isn't already - takes about ten minutes to complete the update.  If your amp's firmware version (shows up briefly in the amp's LCD when you turn it on) is less than 1.50 you must update it to be able to use the editor.

Nick

Re: Where can I download more presets for my Spider IV 75 watt?
by JonClark8502 on 2012-01-22 12:36:19

dude thanks a ton! thats the one place i didnt look xD

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.