These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: DT50/DT25

Line6 DT50 sudden crackling sound solution
by giosakti on 2012-01-22 06:49:09

Hi, i've experienced this very weird problem with my line6 dt50 212 that i just bought about a week ago.

After 15-30 minutes of playing with the amp, it will suddenly make a (very) loud crackling and popping sound and then my guitar sound wouldn't come out from it.

However, after turning the amp off for 10 minutes, it will become normal until the loud crackling noise appear again.

When the dt50 is working normally, the tone is excellent, I don't have any problem at all with sound quality. Nevertheless, it is very annoying to stop playing every 15-30 minutes or so.

Does anyone here perhaps have had the same problem and can give me a suggestion ?

Re: Line6 DT50 sudden crackling sound solution
by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-01-22 06:55:33

It sounds like a tube might be loose.  With the amp switched OFF, remove and re-seat all four tubes.

Nick

by giosakti on 2012-01-22 15:59:48

Ok, i'll try that today and see what happens.. thanks Nick

by giosakti on 2012-01-22 21:59:46

Hi, Nick just want to let you know that i've just played for around 3 hours and it works just fine.. will let you know if the problem persist again.

Thanks,

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.