These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Poll : Which improvement (or new feature) is high on your list for next HD updates ?
by hansvaneven on 2012-01-23 12:39:07

http://line6.com/support/polls/1138

Re: Poll : Which improvement (or new feature) is high on your list for next HD updates ?
by hansvaneven on 2012-01-24 01:27:15

Bump

Re: Poll : Which improvement (or new feature) is high on your list for next HD updates ?
by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-24 06:15:26

Again with the bump!

In case anyone is not sure what this is:  click on the link above and vote for what you think is the most important next upgrade to the HD series.   If your preferred feature is not on there, leave a comment and blame Hans .

Line 6 may or may not take the results of this poll under advisement when they plan their firmware upgrades.

by hansvaneven on 2012-01-24 13:41:04

If your preferred feature is not on there, leave a comment and blame Hans .

LOL took note of that Jim

by hansvaneven on 2012-01-25 12:46:03

Bump ....

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-25 17:41:15

More bump

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-25 18:44:57

Ok so I voted for global EQ, but I'd really like some features REMOVED such as the USB audio card thing.

The POD HD should NOT be  thought of as do it all including the kitchen sink! It's a guitar processor. I voted for Global EQ, but I would like to remove the USB audio interface driver thing because many should be able to do without it. If you want to record buy a decent sound card and use the SPDIF, XLR out but let the USB be only for editing patches, maybe that would spare some DSP power to run more and maybe better EQs and other effects, amps etc.

People are expecting to Run the HD as a sound card through USB simultaneously as they edit patches, meanwhile pressing the footswitches while recording in some DAW. I've done that for funand that's when I ran into trouble, but it wasn't for any serious recordings! I don't expect any one machine to do that and I believe many of the problems where pods are starting to reboot is due to this USB driver abuse. Line 6 should at least seperate the two uses of USB, use one or the other at least. Make it so when you use the Editor, the USB audio driver is stopped and vice versa.  For any serious work, I disconnect USB and record throught the XLR or SPDIF and that's more than enough for recording.

by rodney13 on 2012-01-26 01:05:58

I would like to see in the next Pod a true bypass option so that way if you only want to use effects and not amps you wouldn't be altering your own amp tone

Much like a M13 but with the options of using amp models

by hansvaneven on 2012-01-26 12:43:03

Hi DeanDinosaur, will be hard to see features removed at this state, and while I personally use the SPDIF like you to record with the HD500 I'm sure others would prefer to keep the feature depending on their soundcard and budget. Don't think that the USB feauture would use that much DSP, but I would suggest to use other interfaces like Firewire 800 or newest USB, as USB 2 is kindoff slow IMHO ....

by meambobbo on 2012-01-26 13:46:12

I'm all for the 4-band parametric EQ, but I seriously doubt line 6 will implement it because I believe it would require a serious overhaul of their effect block software architecture.  If you notice, no effect has more than 5 parameters.  I believe this goes beyond the idea that none of the effects needed more than 5 parameters - I think it was baked into the architecture.  Maybe it saves DSP or memory, but altering this may have serious ramifications and Line 6 would have to devote a lot of manpower to making the change and testing it.

My biggest problem right now is that for some of the EQ effects, I'm not using all the parameters, but I bet DSP is being allocated as though I were.  So let's say I'm using 2 parametric EQ's but am not using the "highs" or "lows" params on either.  That's basically 4 EQ functions of DSP I'm losing.  Since I've switched to mostly using Dual Amp tones, this means I'm possibly losing a whole effect.  My bottleneck isn't effect blocks - it's DSP.

by meambobbo on 2012-01-26 13:50:26

A good fix for me would be effects with LESS parameters, that require less DSP.  So I want a Parametric EQ with 3 params (freq, Q, gain).  And I want a Studio EQ with 2 params (freq, gain) and one with 4 (low freq, low gain, high freq, high gain).

Another good idea would be a 10 band graphic eq, implemented across 2 effects.  So 100,200,400,600,800 HZ on one effect, and 1200, 1600, 2200, 3000, 4000 HZ on the other.  Or something like that.

At the very LEAST we should get a Mesa Mark 5-band graphic EQ.  that's not asking much...

by hansvaneven on 2012-01-26 14:24:25

Not sure about that meambobbo, because for example the Rotary drum uses 6 parameters, so I think it should be possible, they will need to do some changes though to the HD edit like in my example , but I think they can easily do more then 5 or 6 parameters ...

by meambobbo on 2012-01-26 14:46:32

that's actually great news!  nevermind then - hopefully there is no parameter limitation at all!

by hansvaneven on 2012-02-01 00:36:47

Last bump up to 100 votes

by hansvaneven on 2012-02-01 04:40:34

So now we have 100 votes here's the current score in order of préférence for the 4 most wanted items :

Global EQ (20 %)
Fully 4 band Parametric EQ (18 %)
More amp models (18 %)
Ability to send different signals to the XLR (cab/mic sims) than to the 1/4 amp outs (no cab/mic) (14 %)

So pretty clear that most people want global EQ, better EQ's and more amp models for the HD series. Will send this to line 6 hopefully they will check it out, also would be cool if some beta testers could send this to the dev team, thanks in advance and to everyone for the participation on this poll.

cheers,

Hans

by silverhead on 2012-02-01 06:14:49

Hey Hans. Interesting and meaningful results. I'm glad to see that your intial instincts were on target: most people do appear to want better EQs above other things. I think this poll, as opposed to your previous one, provides much more convincing evidence of that. Good stuff.  Thanks for doing this.

I have flagged this to Line 6 directly and I'm sure they will take it under advisement.

by PeterHamm on 2012-02-01 07:07:50

I'm already thinking about the features I want to see in the "POD HD 1000" or whatever it will be called one day.

But I can do everything I want with the box as is. I'm happy. I voted for more Acoustic Guitar stuff, 'cause I do two-voice guitar almost all the time.

by hansvaneven on 2012-02-01 07:55:14

Thanks a bunch Silverhead!

by Line6Tony on 2012-02-01 08:52:36

Guys, it's great to see this level of interaction on our forums. Our Product Management team may or may not see this poll, but the Product Feedback area (http://line6.com/company/contact/productfeedback/)is the official place to go to sound off your requests to the company.

by hansvaneven on 2012-02-01 13:18:15

Hi Tony, thanks for chiming in, and I already send this poll to that link, but one of the reasons we did this poll is, that since more then a year quite a lot of people here already send these requests to product feedback, it would really be cool if L6 could finally update some of these points, because as you can see a lot of people would like to see better EQ's for the HD serie ... I really hope the product manager team will take note of this poll ...

thanks,

Hans

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.