These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Buzzing noise when playing through POD Farm 2
by Colton1994 on 2012-01-24 16:56:49

There is this really annoying buzzing sound whenever I play my guitar through my UX2 in POD Farm 2. The wierd thing is that I noticed this last night and then installed a driver update and the buzzing was gone. But I come back today to find that the buzzing noise is back.  I reinstalled the drivers, changed cables and guitars and the sound still won't go away. I've tried noise gates upon noise gates but the sound is still there. Any suggestions? I really don't want to have to buy a new UX2.

Here is a clip of the noise while playing.

Re: Buzzing noise when playing through POD Farm 2
by Line6david on 2012-02-13 15:23:57

Hi,

This sounds like a grounding issue. Try different AC outlets, If possible try using the UX2 in a different location. Also, if you are using the UX2 with a laptop, try uplugging from the wall and powering the interface with the laptops battery. Does the buzz go away?

Thanks,

David

Line 6 Customer Support

by Line6david on 2012-02-21 15:18:19

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Pleasenote: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

by fotice on 2012-04-18 01:28:43

the noise gate is realy annoing issue on the pod farn even with the double noise gate button on the newest interface it lets out a great amount of noise to get into the recorded song. you can tweek the noise even more but you loose the quallity of the amp distortion. line 6 should realy fix that with a stronger noise gate button, allong with the cutting sounds issues when someone is recording, for the drivers are not through and through compatible with windows 7

by fotice on 2012-04-22 15:53:02

oh i was just reffering to the noise gate button wich leaves open a great amount of noise while recording and it should be more stable and even stronger in your newest drivers.

we all have to buy external noise gates.. in order to record properly and thats a shame, it makes the pod ux unit look like a cheap toy and inadequate for the job.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.