These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Is it possible to use a single X3 bean with guitar and bass simultaneously?
by ishouldbeking on 2012-01-25 12:45:02

Greetings all! I'm trying to organize a silent rehearsal situation (using headphones and a headphone splitter) for myself on bass with my friend on guitar. Is there a way to use Tone 1 for guitar, and simultaneously plug my bass in via the XLR input and set up Tone 2 with a bass patch?

I ask because I don't have the x3 in front of me (it's at my guitarist's house), and I want to make sure this could work before we schedule a rehearsal and I make the drive all the way down to him.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Is it possible to use a single X3 bean with guitar and bass simultaneously?
by TheRealZap on 2012-01-25 12:45:47

yes, no problem.

by ishouldbeking on 2012-01-25 12:59:35

Do I need to do anything besides get a 1/4" to XLR cable and run my bass directly in? Obviously the patches would need to be set up, but do I need to worry about input levels when going in through a microphone input?

by silverhead on 2012-01-26 07:04:59

You can use the Trim knob with the Mic input to adjust input levels at the XLR if necessary.

by Line6david on 2012-02-15 16:09:32

Hello,

It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. since there was no closure to your issue, we’ll open a ticket for you to post to if you have trouble down the line.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

Line 6 Support

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.