These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Anyone care to guess when 2.0 will release?
by jcosta_sr on 2012-01-27 10:28:53

While I know the party line on Line 6 and release dates.  I thought it might be fun for folks to predict when the release will happen instead of the discussion about Line 6's policy.

Re: Anyone care to guess when 2.0 will release?
by jasonbogen on 2012-01-27 10:45:04

It's always a funny situation.  Damned if you do damned if you don't.  Personally, as a software developer myself I wouldn't mind some kind of ballpark since I am very understanding as to the imperfect nature of predicting a release date.  When you are testing stuff, a lot of the work is finding bugs and figuring out how to fix them.  It isn't like building a house or making a hamburger.  You don't really know for sure when you will be done until you are done.  Most people can't understand that so giving dates only leads to backlash.  As I said though, I would love a ballpark.  Is this expected sometime this year, in the next couple months or in the next couple of weeks? 

Anyway I realize that you specifically said you weren't asking for this kind of discussion so my guess is Thursday February 23rd.  I think announcing something more than a month away without giving some sort of timeline is just as bad, if not worse than giving a date that you don't hit.  So my guess is that they are expecting it to be within a month if not sooner.  I would say they are targeting about the 9th, but will actually deliver on the 23rd.

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-27 10:47:06

put me down for middle of february.. and releases seem to be friday... so i'll stab at Feb 17th

what does the winner get ?

*disclaimer: total guess... no inside info at all.

by johnpicton on 2012-01-27 10:50:00

Sorry I really dont meant to sound flippant - but hopefully when it is ready. I too am eager for the release, but I will happily wait for a while to make sure that it is "fully cooked". I am sure that the announcement was made when it was so that Line6 had something to flag up at NAMM and quite frankly it is likely that it will be a short while yet (I hope I am wrong).

by jcosta_sr on 2012-01-27 11:22:26

I think you're right.  Thats why it is hard to hit a release date.......something unexpected always come up and affects the date...........This is just a little fun.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-27 11:23:35

I reckon they may try and bake in the fix for the squealing too so I am going to to throw down for the Friday after Zap .. 24 Feb. 

Winner gets bragging rights ... or their NDA torn up

by TheRealZap on 2012-01-27 11:41:32

good point... they may push it out a bit to integrate the squeal fix, which i believe they have identified...

by panickc on 2012-01-27 11:46:10

Valentine's Day because they love us and it's Red.  But I hope before then.  -cp

by jasonbogen on 2012-01-27 12:05:40

Oh great!  Thanks alot squeeling whiners.   ;-)

by stumpsout on 2012-01-28 09:11:04

Anyone besides me coming here checking once or thrice a day?

by mcolquitt on 2012-01-28 09:51:27

stumpsout wrote:

hahahaha *Raises hand*

by BulldogXTRM on 2012-01-28 10:20:18

Sorry,

But I like my hearing and I like my Pod HD500, but without my hearing the Pod is useless. I'm anxious too, I want it to not squeal first and then I want the Plexi!

by BulldogXTRM on 2012-01-28 10:20:51

mcolquitt wrote:

stumpsout wrote:

hahahaha *Raises hand*

Yep!

by litesnsirens on 2012-01-28 13:30:49

I must have missed something, they have announced that 2.0 is on the way??? Wow I didn't see that anywhere.  I got an email from Line 6 last night stating that they are aware of the squeal issue and are addressing it asap.  If we're going from 1.x to 2.0 it must be a pretty substantial update.  I can't wait

by litesnsirens on 2012-01-28 13:34:13

Sorry I really dont meant to sound flippant - but hopefully when it is ready. I too am eager for the release, but I will happily wait for a while to make sure that it is "fully cooked". I am sure that the announcement was made when it was so that Line6 had something to flag up at NAMM and quite frankly it is likely that it will be a short while yet (I hope I am wrong).

Did you see the new mixer and the PA speakers they unveiled at NAMM,  very cool, I don't think they were hurting for stuff to run up the flag pole.  Plus a couple of cool new midi keyboards (one of which I will get when they are available).

by DeanDinosaur on 2012-01-31 16:33:59

I'm guessing "This Week". Possibly Thursday if not tomorrow.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.