These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Ux8 won't connect, tried re-installing all drivers, still won't connect.
by FiNNziGuitarMan on 2012-01-27 10:59:58

Hello folks. I had been recording an album for a few weeks with my ux8, suddenly one day it would connect but it wouldn't work with gearbox, line 6 monkey or any application from line 6, in order to continue I downloaded guitar rig, I was able to use that, that is how I've been using it for the past month. Last week I decided to finally install Snow Leopard on my mac and it wasn't too hard but when I turned the ux8 on it wouldn't connect to my computer, I've tried re-installing all drivers but no drivers work when I restart my computer after installing and Line 6 monkey still says that it hasn't been downloaded. Please help, for the love of all that sounds great through the ux8, help.

Re: Ux8 won't connect, tried re-installing all drivers, still won't connect.
by Line6Don on 2012-02-17 09:07:43

I would suggest that you remove the Line 6 drivers from your MAC OSX computer using the instructions available at the link below:

http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-2617

style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt;">Once you have removed the drivers completely from the computer, restart the computer and download and install the drivers from the link below:

MAC Drivers : 7.1.3

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4321

style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt;">Once the Line 6 drivers are installed, remove any additional unnecessary USB and firmware devices from your computer when troubleshooting this issue. Make sure to connect it directly to a USB port and not a USB hub, extension, or keyboard of any kind, preferably connect it to a USB port on the rear of computer. Try using additional USB cables and every USB port available until you are able to launch Line 6 Monkey and detect the device.

Once Line 6 Monkey can detect your UX8 apply any updates that are available until you have a green check next to each component.

by Line6david on 2012-02-21 17:08:45

Hello. It has been at least 72 hours since we've heard from you. We're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please award points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, I created a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Please respond to the ticket. Thanks!!

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut: http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Pleasenote: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all.

by FiNNziGuitarMan on 2012-03-19 19:34:23

Nope, I tried it, still said that I had to install the drivers, tried it three times now, seriously, what the fuck is wrong with this thing?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.