These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Monkey is not finding my Pod xt
by RobRedden on 2012-01-28 15:11:49

Hello:

I have a Pod xt that was functioning fine until I just did a PC upgrade.  I cannot imagine the changes in the PC (all improvements) have caused the problem, but after reformatting Windows 7, 64-bit (which is what I was using the Pod on successfully before the upgrade) and downloading the Line 6 Monkey, I connected the Pod via USB as I have always done, opened the Monkey, and it informed me I have no Line 6 device attached to the PC.  I have tried several different USB cables and several different USB ports on the PC, but the outcome is reliably the same.  In fact, Windows recognizes the device and simply informs me, correctly, that it has no access to drivers to install. I even found the Pod listed in the Device Manager, so it is clearly not a problem with the USB connection (I uninstalled it and started all over, to no benefit).  Perhaps it goes without saying that I have other USB devices on the PC that are functioning fine.

Are there any obvious explanations as to what is going on and how I can get around it?  I am anxious to get back to using the Pod again.

For what it is worth, I will list the changes in the PC:

Former PC on which Pod xt was working fine just a week ago:

Windows 7, 64-bit Home Edition; Intel Quad Core Two, 3.0 GHz; ASUS P45 Pro Turbo MOBO; 8 GB DDR2 RAM; Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB hard disc boot drive.

Current PC on which Pod xt is not recognized by the Monkey:

Windows 7, 64-bit, Home Edition; Intel i5, 3.3 GHz; MSI MS-7673 MOBO; 16 GB DDR3 RAM; Crucial 256 GB solid state boot drive (This thing boots in about a sixth the time of the last PC !).

Thanks in advance for consideration and assistance.

Rob Redden

Re: Monkey is not finding my Pod xt
by Line6Tony on 2012-05-23 16:12:00

If you have any questions moving forward, please know that Line 6 is no longer supplying support via the forums. Instead, you can create a support ticket at http://line6.com/support/...Contact Technical Support, and we will respond to you directly in the ticket. The forums are a good place to find advice about tone, computer configuration, and subjective questions about sound and application.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.