These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Error attempting to authorize your device - 0xfd from server - Internal Server Error
by clarkgraff on 2012-01-29 08:57:21

I am trying to authorize my KB37and pod farm 2.5 on my workstation (Win 7 x 64) and I get

Error attempting to authorize your device - 0xfd from server - Internal Server Error

from the lic manager.

HELP!

thanks

Re: Error attempting to authorize your device - 0xfd from server - Internal Server Error
by dprasen on 2012-01-29 11:42:17

I do get the same error~plz help asap

line6 error.JPG

Re: Error attempting to authorize your device - 0xfd from server - Internal Server Error
by geeker on 2012-01-29 12:07:41

I got the same thing too just now...... sad.... are they updating the servers????

by clarkgraff on 2012-01-29 13:56:24

Amazing so both of you guys are getting the same error? Are you using a KB37 or a different POD?

by siksky1 on 2012-01-29 16:54:33

I have the ux2 and have the same problem!!

by richvero on 2012-01-29 20:47:06

I'm getting the exact same error with my TonePort DI-G.  Trying to authorize my computer.

by dprasen on 2012-01-29 21:53:49

I am using UX2, so what is happening, is this temporary?

by dprasen on 2012-01-29 21:55:00

oh, is this the first time you are getting the error or the authorization never happens? Sas but no one from line 6 had replied yet

by elaham on 2012-01-30 09:17:43

OK guys, so I was getting the same error as everyone else here and finally found a solution after watching this little instructional video from Line6: http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-2295

Thetrick is that if your device is authorized and the PC is not, deauthorize the device and accept the request to uninstall all the add ons (you will reinstall them from the UI after everything has been authorized).  Follow the directions to disconnect and reconnect your device.  When the device has been deaouthorized, only then try and authorize your PC.  After your PC has been authorized, authorize your device and reinstall the Add ons.  I hope this helps.

by clarkgraff on 2012-01-30 17:21:49

OK So now I can authorize my computer but I can't see the POD Farm plugins in Nuendo. So the songs created with POD Farm plugs worked on my  laptop but Nuendo can't find them. I can see that POD Farm is loaded in the Moneky... but???

by richvero on 2012-01-30 18:46:24

Ok, I tried it again today and it works.  No more Internal Server Error.

by geeker on 2012-01-30 18:48:39

was with my UX8

by geeker on 2012-01-30 18:49:49

could be....

by clarkgraff on 2012-01-31 12:02:26

Hey there, I didn't see the video, I just tried to AUTHORIZE again and it all worked.

thanks

by Steftone on 2012-04-24 03:39:51

Here too, having problems to Authorize my new Computer to my old device. I'm using POD Gx with PODFarm 2. I can easily authorize my GX, but not my Computer! I'm getting that same error message.

I already tried to first deauthorize my device before trying to authorize my computer as in the videos and posts above, but it does not have any effect. i am still getting the error "0xfd from Server" when i want to authorize my computer.

by hullan on 2012-04-24 13:51:10

Me too steftone...

I just purchased pod farm but cannot authorize my windows 7 x64 machine. 0xfd internal server error.

There seem to be an url //line6.com/camel which is down...

by leyfr01 on 2012-04-24 14:27:29

I have watched the video and followed all the steps outlined here and I still can't authorize my new computer. Is Win 7 64-bit supported?

by hullan on 2012-04-24 23:19:05

Hello Leyfr01 and alla others.

I have now fixed this. The problem is the network traffic.

License manager sends the traffic over to line 6s servers via som obscure ports. I logged in to my router and picked up the logs. I could clearly see that both incoming and outgoing traffic on ports 49376 - 59494 and 58766 - had been blocked. The traffic was being sent and recieved to IP 216.x.x.69 and 68.

That ip belongs Line 6 Atlanta US.

So what I did was to manually open these three ports in my router (a simple port forwarding which any standard dlink router does)

After this I could immediately authorize my computer.

The other way to do it is to simply bypass your router - but i DON't recommend that - as it's a huge security leak.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.