These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Balancing volume - HD500 vs PC
by johnpicton on 2012-01-29 10:55:25

I have my HD connected via USB and I am getting a fairly good signal coming into the computer.

My problem is that the PC system sounds are Waaaaaaaay to loud compared to the HD. So for example if I play an mp3 backing track I have to turn the volume on the PC application (eg VLC media player or winamp) right down to maybe 5% or 10% otherwise it is way to loud compared to the guitar.

I have looked in the Line6 settings in Control panel and turned the HD input up to max.

The other problem is that although I can turn down the backing track volume (and there have been times when I have forgotten - thankfully not wearing phones at the time!) I cant turn down the system sounds. I do realize that I can choose a silent sound scheme, but really I would like to be able to control the sound better.

I have other ways to deal with this - obviously, unless I want to record, I can feed the PCs line out to the CD/MP3 in on the HD.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

John

Re: Balancing volume - HD500 vs PC
by johnpicton on 2012-01-29 12:35:39

I should say that the volume icon and slider on the task bar has absolutely no effect.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-01-29 12:58:05

John

I have Windows 7 on my laptop.  If I right click on the volume control item in my system tray:   I see 'Open Volume Mixer' as an option.

If I select that I get the following mixer controls ..

volmixer.gif

Not sure if this helps.

JIM

by johnpicton on 2012-01-29 13:15:12

Do you know what Jim

I just tried it again and my volume slider is working. I am sure that it wasn't earlier (but then it is also possible that I am loosing it!)

Cheers

John

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.