These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

JTV 59 G-string 12-string issue.
by PeterHamm on 2012-01-30 14:51:21

It seems that only with the acoustic 12-strings, and only sometimes, when I play harmonics on the G, the base note is fine, but the octave up pitches around instead of playing the note.

Do I have just a bum string? Is there an adjustment.

I also notice that that string has more difficulty tuning with my Peterson Strobostomp2, which could be related.

Anybody else? Is there a problem? Or is this just a known ongoing issue?

Also, I notice that upon receiving my JTV59, even though it is the Korean one, I am instantly cooler than everybody else. Is this something I should expect to continue? Should I warn people?

Re: JTV 59 G-string 12-string issue.
by silverhead on 2012-01-30 15:23:06

PeterHamm wrote:

Also, I notice that upon receiving my JTV59, even though it is the Korean one, I am instantly cooler than everybody else. ....

Yes, I'm afraid that is a common experience. There's really no cure - you'll just have to get used to wearing sunglasses indoors.

by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-01-31 08:24:15

The tracking is not 100% perfect with harmonics and you may experience some 'warble' on individual strings.  The acoustic models have by all accounts been remodelled and we should be abe to hear the results of that shortly when the new firmware for the JTV series is released.

Nick

by PeterHamm on 2012-01-31 13:16:49

Actually, I think it might be that everybody ELSE needs to wear shades, since I am so cool...

by PeterHamm on 2012-01-31 13:18:02

I am planning on writing a full review/article on this in use with two-voice guitars, but I am waiting for the new software to publish it. (I may start writing it, but I will withhold "judgement" on things like this until that happens.)

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.