These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

Input Gain Adjustment
by masteratguitar on 2012-01-31 06:05:31

Hey there

i downloaded and installed Pod Farm 2.51 and all drivers etc but still i cannot find anything to adjust the input gain.

it seems to clip here and then when playing hard and im doing downtuned metal so i need to play hard

anyways i read somewhere on this board that in the new version it should be possible to adjust the gain, but i cannot seem to find anything.

i saw the "Tone Direct Monitoring" being new and there is a hand when i put the mouse pointer on it, but i cannot click on it respectively nothing happens.

tried everything - no success.

thanks in advance for help! much appreciated!

cheers

Re: Input Gain Adjustment
by Kneehow on 2012-02-02 12:01:40

Your account indicates that you have a POD Studio UX1 USB interface registered. If this is the hardware unit you're running POD Farm 2.51 with, there's no way to "pad" or lower the input gain at the UX1 itself. (On the UX2 and KB37's there is a Pad feature). Have you tried adjusting the pickup height(s) by any chance?

You'll have to use an external pad device to attenuate the signal from your pickups, if you're actually clipping at the input jack (pre-software control) with something like this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EDB1?utm_source=none&utm_medium=PPC&utm_campaign=none&gclid=CMWFjfuJgK4CFQF3hwodM0BH5w

Be aware though, that a -20 dB cut may result in some hiss, which then means you may need to compensate with software gain in POD Farm (in the Mixer Page, there's a DI boost knob). Hopefully this info helps.

RE: Input Gain Adjustment
by Line6Don on 2012-02-10 17:47:03

We haven’t heard back from you, so we're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please consider awarding points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question so they get the formal recognition.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, we have generated a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Should you need further assistance, please respond to the ticket. With us talking via the ticket, I will mark this thread answered.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support ticket notifications will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all. You may also consider adding Line 6 to your safe senders list.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.