These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD500 and one or two DT25 via L6 link
by Kupsik on 2012-01-31 08:01:40

Hi,

I have one question. I have POD HD500 and one DT25. I'm considering buying another DT25 for bigger gigs and stereo operation. The question is: Is there a way how to set up POD HD500 to send summed (left+right) signal if only one DT25 is connected via L6 link and send stereo signal (left to first DT25 and right to second DT25) automatically if two DTs are connected or do I have to make two sets of patches, one for mono and one for stereo scenario? I tried to search manuals but couldn't find any answer.

Thanks in advance.

Jan

Re: POD HD500 and one or two DT25 via L6 link
by Kneehow on 2012-02-07 11:03:34

The Setup (pages 8/9 and 9/9) L6 Link: Audio menu options are saved individual per HD500 preset/patch. So, yes... you'd want to copy your single amp patches and then re-configure them with a dual amp setting, depending on the physical setup in question. Two sets of the same patches: one for a single DT amp and another for dual DT's.

by Kupsik on 2012-02-07 22:44:13

Thanks for your answer. I know, that these audio menu options are saved per patch, but I was only wondering, if HD is so clever, that when it's connected only to one DT, it will send summed mono signal. But it's no problem to make two sets. I found that I need to do more tweaks for dual DT patches, so I use second sets anyway.

I tried HD with two DT's (and new JTV-69) yesterday and I must say wow, on one side I had mag pickups (so lets say Fender ;-) ) with Blackface and other side was simulation from Lester bank with Park 75, both with some reverb and it sounded incredible!!

by daveschutt on 2012-03-02 04:40:57

I'm thinking of getting a second DT myself.  Have you found making doing the dual patches using only the pre's you don't run into the DSP Limit Reached as much?  I generally have a volume, wah, delay and reverb on my patches and I found with the full models I could rarely do this with the many of the amp combos.  Your answer will definitely weigh on my purchase!

by Kupsik on 2012-03-02 07:04:15

Hi Dave,

with DT, I only use pre's, not full amp models. I must say that dual patches with pre's definitely leave more DSP, so limit isn't reached that often, but it really depends on what delays or reverbs you use, some of them need more DSP power than others. I don't use heavy DSP effects like pitch shifter very often, so I can usually set dual patches as I need.

by meambobbo on 2012-03-02 10:38:35

if you're already running one delay, you could add another delay with a shorter delay time instead of a reverb.  that will save you a lot of DSP.  if you just have the one short delay it can sound a little echo-ey or have a bit of a stutter to it, but with two delays it sits in the tone a little less obviously.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.