These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Line 6 Monkey on Mac PPC
by commp5 on 2012-01-31 09:16:52

I went to launch Line 6 Monkey today and it forced an update which won't run on my Mac 10.5.8 PPC system. Reinstalled the old version, but it still won't let me run it without updating. What should I do to enable running this app as before? Thanks.

Re: Line 6 Monkey on Mac PPC
by TheRealZap on 2012-01-31 11:10:32

why are you trying to run it? just saying there really isn't anything new to be had for a PPC mac.

i want to say the newest driver is 4.71, and you can't run any pod farm newer than 2.0, because it would need the license manager which won't run on PPC...

i ran into the same scenario myself, and ended up finally retiring the PPC mac.

by BadHouses on 2012-06-03 12:25:57

I am not retiring my PPC whilst it still works.  I'm not spending money on a new mac if it still works.  I would rather find another company for footpedals that is interested in its customers setups.  Alesis seems to be doing good at supporting PPC...

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-06-03 13:42:14

BadHouses wrote:

Alesis seems to be doing good at supporting PPC...

Odd comment seeing as their only guitar product needs an iPad to work.

by TheRealZap on 2012-06-03 14:48:50

it does work and will work on PPC... only monkey wont work... and drivers that are newer than the one i listed...

you can still use pod farm 2.0 (offline activation) gearbox, line6 edit (not the hd edits) workbench, etc...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.