These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Line 6 X2 Digital Wireless

XDR-95 Transmitter (XDT4) Totally Drops RF Signal...
by deanplmr on 2012-02-01 13:35:46

Hello Line-6 Customer Support,

I own an X2 XDR-95 Wireless Guitar System. Recently, the RF signal from the transmitter (XDT4) has been completely dropping off (or is not recognizable by the receiver) during performances. There is no noise or other anomalies happening - it just dies and goes away completely, and the XDR4 rack-mount receiver loses all telemetry; the green battery status LEDs on it's front panel go totally dark. Basically the RF signal is either gone or the receiver is no longer recognizing it. The LEDs on the transmitter continue to light and flash normally. This occurs on a totally random basis and installing a fresh new battery does not affect nor correct the problem. Changing to a new frequency channel also does not affect, improve or eliminate the problem. Distance between transmitter and the receiver antennas is usually less than 10 to 20 feet. This is a new problem that has never happened before suggesting that some internal circuitry or component malfunction has occurred. Turning the transmitter unit off than back on again restores normal operation for a while, but then the same thing happens again. Turning the receiver off then back on has NO affect - the RF signal is never restored unless the Transmitter is reset suggesting the receiver unit is OK.

Please advise if I can obtain a replacement circuit board set for the unit and the costs involved as my unit is no longer in warranty. I have an ESD safe electronics work bench and all necessary tools at my shop, so I can make my own repairs if the board set is provided. My unit was originally purchased through MusiciansFriend.com.  Thank you!

Dean Palmer

Customer / XDR-95 User

Queen Creek, Arizona

USA

Re: XDR-95 Transmitter (XDT4) Totally Drops RF Signal...
by dboomer on 2012-02-01 16:00:19

Hi Dean

Info about board replacement is beyond the capability of this forum.  Please use the "contact us" link at the bottom of the page to get in touch with the parts department.

You might try one other thing first.  Are you certain that the transmitter and receiver are locked in the same "mode".  If not you could experience problems similar to what you describe as well. http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1344

">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1344">http://line6.com/support/docs/DOC-1344

Re: XDR-95 Transmitter (XDT4) Totally Drops RF Signal...
by deanplmr on 2012-02-02 18:11:53

Absolutely! The XDT4 and XDR4 are both in the "high bandwidth" mode as shipped from the factory. Never would I have changed it and accidental button presses that might change channels or modes are unlikely due to the care I exercise when using the product. And the sound of this system is amazing when it works - but then it just dies randomly.

I will contact the parts dept. as you suggest to request a replacement board set. Thank you for the help!

-Dean

RE: XDR-95 Transmitter (XDT4) Totally Drops RF Signal...
by Line6Don on 2012-02-21 17:57:16

+1 to dboomer.

We haven’t heard back from you, so we're going to assume your question has been answered. If it has been answered, please consider awarding points to whoever was helpful and/or answered the question so they get the formal recognition.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, we have generated a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Should you need further assistance, please respond to the ticket. With us talking via the ticket, I will mark this thread answered.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support ticket notifications will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all. You may also consider adding Line 6 to your safe senders list.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.