These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

UX2 switches off and back on again!
by alexcaptaincrash on 2012-02-02 06:47:12

Hey,

I have the Pod Studio UX2, and while it's on (either the Pod Farm is open or not) it switches off and back on again, like I plugged it out or something. I'm sure the cables are alright, I checked them out, and it didn't used to do that anyway. It is connected into a powered usb-hub, as always, so I don't thing power is not the problem.

For example while I'm playing normally through Pod Farm 2.5.1, it switches off, like I plugged it out (can hear the windows noise), and then it switches on and it says: ''This model is not authorised for use with the connected device. Use the model menu above to select replacement model''. Evem though I change the amps etc. it doesn't matter anything works and I have to close and open the Pod Farm again!

I tried to reinstall the drivers. And I have authorised the UX2 in my pc (windows 7). Also no other programms (except Pod Farm) are open at the same time while I'm playing.

I really need your help here!

Re: UX2 switches off and back on again!
by alexcaptaincrash on 2012-02-02 06:52:52

Forgot to mention:

HP, Pavilion dv6, Artist Edition.

AMD Tutorion, Dual-Core x2, 2,20 GHz.

RAM, 4,00gb.
Windows 7 Ultimate.

by Triryche on 2012-02-02 07:01:25

Try plugging your UX into all other USB ports which are NOT a hubs and see if the problem still persists.

by Triryche on 2012-02-02 07:02:37

btw, it is preferred to not use hubs.

by alexcaptaincrash on 2012-02-02 10:30:41

Thanks a lot!

It's fixed now. I'm still wondering though why it never happened before, using the same hub.

Anyway, you have been really accurate and helpful. Problem solved.

by Triryche on 2012-02-02 11:38:48

No problem, glad it was an easy fix!!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.