These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: FBV MkI / MkII Controllers

FBV Shortboard MKII Having Pretty Serious Problems!
by tmblacktrack on 2012-02-03 16:57:33

Hi, my line 6 FBV shortboard mkII has been acting up recently, and won't even calibrate. First it started out as I would be in tuner mode, and when I went out of tuner, it was randomly switch back to the tuner mode while I was on one of my A-D channel banks. And now, i unplugged it, and won't even calibrate. If someone has had this problem and has fixed it, or someone just knows how to fix it, that would be awesome if you could help.

Re: FBV Shortboard MKII Having Pretty Serious Problems!
by fflbrgst on 2012-02-04 18:17:29

You say you  unplugged it and now it won't calibrate - the pedal needs to be plugged into an amp to calibrate it, it gets its power through the CAT5 cable.   If you are seeing unexpected channel or mode changes, the cable (or the plugs, or the pedal or amp jacks) is most likely at fault.  Try a different cable first.

by tmblacktrack on 2012-02-17 07:17:14

Thanks! But since this was a recurring problem and it wasn't even working with my computer, it was still under warranty to Guitar Center, so I sent it back and they gave me a new one. It has been working fine, and it's working with my computer!

-Cheers!

by fflbrgst on 2012-02-17 11:46:26

Glad to hear you are up and running!  Enjoy!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.