These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500 power supply has died
by tlord on 2012-02-05 07:50:32

I bought a HD 500 on June 13th 2011 and the power supply has died.  The unit has not even been on the road yet!  I've been using it in my smoke free studio and today when I plugged it in the display just kept changing and blinking.

I have heard of other people having problems with the HD power supplies and I was wondering if there is a warrenty return policy due to a factory defect.

I have many other Line 6 product that are years older than this HD 500 and have never had any problems with their power supplies.

Tracy Lord

MIDIMate Studios

Vermont

tlord@tlord.com

RE: HD500 power supply has died
by Kneehow on 2012-02-15 09:46:20

We've created a support ticket for you so we can resolve this issue offline. Please respond to the ticket. Thank you...

A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link if a Line 6 support representative determines that a ticket is necessary to troubleshoot your issue. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support.

Please note: Sometimes support tickets will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host.

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/

What is a Support Ticket?

http://line6.com/community/docs/DOC-1422

Re: RE: HD500 power supply has died
by ralera on 2012-07-26 09:37:39

This seems to be a big issue. I submitted ticket xxx736 on 7/23/2012 and haven't really gotten the support I expected. Here's my last response to "support":

Purchase date and registration you listed is correct. Due to the known reliability issues associated with this power supply I was hoping Line6 could provide a no-cost replacement, regardless of being out of warranty. I've purchased many of your products over the years and would appreciate your consideration as a loyal L6 customer. Regards, ralera

by phil_m on 2012-07-26 09:50:20

I don't think finding one post on the boards necessarily constitutes a "known reliability issue", but Line 6 might be willing help you out. Since the unit is out of warranty, you would probably be better off giving them a call at (818) 575-3600.

Re: HD500 power supply has died
by geppert on 2012-07-26 10:19:26

I am wondering if the L6 PS supply is specific for the unit or if you could use a generic 9V - 3A supply with the right polarity (+ on the sleeve, - on the socket). The connector looks a bit fat to me so not sure if it is generic or not?

What do you guys recommend for backup PS for the POD's?

Re: HD500 power supply has died
by silverhead on 2012-07-26 10:37:41

geppert wrote:

What do you guys recommend for backup PS for the POD's?

Anything that EXACTLY matches the specs of the official Line 6 PSU.... including (especially) the fact that it is a DC supply. Using any non-compliant PSU is not recommended and will either casue damage and/or void any warranty.

by ralera on 2012-07-26 13:17:18

Yeah, I'll give em' a call. BTW, google "line6 pod hd500 dead power adapter".

by phil_m on 2012-07-26 13:45:23

I Googled it - it looks like possibly a dozen or so different. It's hard to say - some of the are dead from people doing things like stepping on it.

All I'm saying is that I don't think there's any known reliability issue with the power supply. When you sell tens of thousands of products, there's just going to be some failures. I'm not trying to minimize your issue. I just don't think a few sporadic issues is enough to make a judgment about the overall reliability of the power supply.

by ralera on 2012-07-26 13:55:22

I'm the customer, I can make that judgement. It's a cheap, lightweight piece of plastic (being nice)! Thanks

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.