These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

Problems with pod x3 and pod farm 2.5
by sinkingcharlie on 2012-02-05 10:45:59

I just registered my X3 and i cant reachs the add ons with Pod Farm. I have authorized my X3 and my Computer, tried uninstalling and re-installing and updating with line6 monkey. Both monkey and license manager show my add ons on x3. How can i get them to pod farm? Monkey just leads me to license manager and that does nothing. My account says i havent bought anything, well yes i have....

What the shit, this really is bothering me. Any help with this?

-markus

Re: Problems with pod x3 and pod farm 2.5
by silverhead on 2012-02-05 10:56:01

Pod Farm works with the X3 as a plugin - not as a standalone application. You use it in your DAW; it does not operate by clicking on its icon. Also, the X3 includes a license for Pod Farm Platinum (version 1; not version 2.5). There are no add-ons with the X3.

Did you purchase Pod Farm v2.5? If so, which version did you purchase - Standard or Platinum?

by sinkingcharlie on 2012-02-05 11:32:28

Opened in my daw, pod farm something like: pod farm 2 found a valid license from your x3 but it needs to be allowed to work with you computer .....etc something like that. i open the lcense manager but i cant see any way of doing this any further, i have authorized my x3 and computer again.

PS: and yeh i previously bought an ilok standard license, but i dont use my ilok anymore since i bought this x3 and wanted to use the add ons such as metal shop. the ilok isnt even connected to my computer and i even created a new account for my x3.

by silverhead on 2012-02-05 11:44:11

As you describe, your iLok license is completely seperate from your X3. If that is the only Pod Farm license you have purchased, then the valid license your X3 entitles you to is Pod Farm 1 (original version).

If you run Line 6 Monkey with the X3 attached it should let you download and install Pod Farm Platinum version 1. Depending on the date of purchase/regitration of Pod Farm 1 you may be entitled to a discounted upgrade to Pod Farm 2. Monkey will know and should guide you through the process. But if you haven't yet explicitly purchased a non-iLok license for Pod Farm 2.5 I don't think you are entitled to it unless Monkey tells you so.

by Line6Hugo on 2012-05-23 09:42:27

Looking at your account, you have a POD Farm 2 license on the POD X3 as well.

Please use the License Manager 1.03 software to authorize your POD X3 only, then attempt to use the plug-in within your DAW.

For future technical support requests, please use the contact technical support link within the Support link at the top of the page:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.