These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

License Manager 1.01 Quits After Log-in Attempt
by posksas on 2012-02-06 20:42:55

After purchasing the Metal Shop expansion pack, I haven't been able to successfully log in using the License manager.  When I enter my username and password, the manager closes.  I've tried several different internet connections, and have tried accessing it from a variety of different ethernet ports and wifi spots.  Every 6-7 tries or so, it will inexplicably allow me to log in for a brief duration of time, but as soon as i attempt to de-authorize my license it will close again.  I am currently running on OSX 10.6.8, with a UX2  and the latest versions of pod farm, monkey, and the manager as per the line 6 download page. 

Re: License Manager 1.01 Quits After Log-in Attempt
by posksas on 2012-02-07 16:48:37

i looked in my console messages, and found this: 

2/7/12 4:46:48 PMcom.apple.launchd.peruser.501[111]([0x0-0x1b01b].com.line6.licensemanager[192]) Exited abnormally: Broken pipe

anybody dealt with this before?  i think it's what's causing the problem.  i'm not sure how to fix it though

by posksas on 2012-02-07 17:25:32

still nothing.  if i unplug the ux2 it can find the computer, but when the ux2 is plugged in it typically closes. 

by posksas on 2012-02-08 14:14:27

nobody has any idea?  I can try and find more information if needed....

by posksas on 2012-02-10 10:44:38

bump

by posksas on 2012-02-11 18:00:35

Since no progress has been made, I'm going to return it. 

by Line6Don on 2012-02-13 09:58:45

Did you make sure to install the latest Line 6 Mac OSX drivers before attempting to use the License manager? If not they can be downloaded from the link below:

MAC Drivers : 7.1.3

http://line6.com/software/readeula.html?rid=4321

style="margin-bottom: 0.0001pt;">Or you can use the Line 6 Monkey application to download and install them for you, simply run Line 6 Monkey with your UX2 connected and apply all updates that are available until you have a green check next to each component.

Then try to reopen the License Manager and authorize your UX2.

by robmlisanti on 2012-02-13 10:38:22

I to am having alot of problems with Pod farm.

I downloaded the latest install, then I keep trying to Authorize, it says my Mac and My Pod Farm is Authorized

I dont see the Pod Farm 2.5 though? I only see a few amps in the VST plugin?, then I was trying to load it to Riffworks and it just keeps crashing! I dont know what I'm doing wrong?  I had all this installed on my PC but I'm having major issues on the Mac, My Amplitube 3 Plugin has no problem working?

I also installed the latest in Line 6 Monkey , but that didnt work either?

As of right now I "Uninstalled the program" until I can get some help

Thanks,

Rob

by posksas on 2012-02-18 22:16:44

For the sake of others with similar problems, i thought i'd clarify; i tried re-installing and unistalling both pod farm and monkey/license manager, and installing all updates with monkey multiple times before your post (including the latest driver) and i still had the same error.  THe license manager was never able to authorize, I had to call customer support and have them give me a refund, since I couldn't even return metal shop the proper way due to not being able to authorize/deauthorize the ux2/my computer. 

RE: License Manager 1.01 Quits After Log-in Attempt
by Line6Don on 2012-02-21 09:34:20

Since the license has since been returned, we will no longer be able to trouble shoot this situation further.

In the event your issue has not been resolved, we have generated a support ticket for you so we can continue to communicate. Should you need further assistance, please respond to the ticket. With us talking via the ticket, I will mark this thread answered.

Q: What is a support ticket?

A: A support ticket allows you to directly correspond with a Line 6 Support Representative. An email will be sent to you from Line 6 containing a link to the ticket when a Line 6 Support Representative responds to it. Please follow the link in the email to view your open ticket to work one on one with Line 6 Support. Also, in your account, click My Account, then click Support Tickets to view the support ticket. Here’s a shortcut:

http://line6.com/account/tickets/view/.

Please note: Sometimes support ticket notifications will be filtered to spam and junk folders. If you did not receive an email from us indicating that a ticket has been created, please make sure to check those folders in your email host, and also that your email account is receiving messages at all. You may also consider adding Line 6 to your safe senders list.

Re: RE: License Manager 1.01 Quits After Log-in Attempt
by posksas on 2012-02-21 14:18:14

I really do wish to use the software, but due to poor communication on the part of the line 6 technical support team and extensive delay to answer my question, I've returned the product for the time being.  If i could have a guaranteed way to have the license manager actually work, and be able to be use my purchased product, I would gladly download it.  Is there a way you could manually activate/deactivate my license so I could use the product?  The License manager is the problem, not pod farm itself.  I've noticed this problem on a few other threads as well, and would suggest seriously looking into this issue further for the sake of other customers. 

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.