These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Mobile in
by bernardofg on 2012-02-08 19:54:45

1. When I plug both, line in and guitar in, using the mobile pod app, the guitar goes mute. Is my interface working right?

2. Does mobile in works with Iphone 4s?

Re: Mobile in
by Line6Don on 2012-02-15 11:57:59

1. The Mobile In interface only allows you use one of the inputs at a time. So if you have something plugged into the guitar in and connect the line in, the guitar in will be muted or vice versa.

2. Each Line 6 iOS accessory lists the Apple models that it's been certified compatible with. While none have been certified for iPhone 4S yet, and we can't officially claim support, our customers informally report that they all work fine. However, iPhone 4S users should be aware that Mobile In and MIDI Mobilizer II communicate with the iOS device using USB Host Mode, and some 4S customers have reported that USB Host Mode accessories from any manufacturer (not just Line 6) may affect wifi and 3G performance – so you may want to consider using Airplane Mode.

by britgeekoncall on 2012-02-16 08:32:52

so if it mutes, how does one connect the Mobile In, to a home pc, to allow the user to play tones through Pro Tools or audio interface? I just posted a thread about this issue, because I was under the understanding that the mobile in could be connected to a pc, using a line out, and plug the guitar in at the same time, so I would hear line6 tones through my home studio. So, Line6Don are you saying that's not possible? WOW..I am really shocked why Line6 has made this device this way.

If you cannot connect the supplied guitar cable, and run a line out of Line6 mobile IN at the same how is it possible to use the Mobile in a studio, or live environment?

by Line6Don on 2012-02-21 13:15:21

The Mobile In is designed to be a guitar or stereo line input device for the iOS family of products. It is meant to connect directly to your iOS device's 30 pin dock connection, it is not meant to connect directly to your computer.

The easiest way to use the Mobile In for recording is to use a APP that allows you to record audio, using the Mobile In as your input device to connect a guitar or stereo line in. From there you can use the Mobile In to record audio directly to your iOS device. You can then transfer the audio files to a DAW for mix down.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.