These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Cannot get signal to my brand new POD HD Pro
by BCdrum919 on 2012-02-08 19:55:49

May be a stupid question...
I just took my POD HD Pro out of the box, plugged it in, and connected the unbalanced 1/4" out to my interface...

I plugged in my guitar to find that no signal was reaching the POD. I don't see any obvious solutions.

Re: Cannot get signal to my brand new POD HD Pro
by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-02-09 01:19:22

Hi

Firstly ensure that your guitar cable is sound and that the 1/4" jack is engaging with the input socket properly - some brands of jack plugs used by instrument cable manufacturers have been found by other users with other POD HD units to plug in too far - it's rare but it can happen.  Try pulling the jack plug out a few millimetres to see if this might be the cause.

Secondly, and more likely, your POD HD Pro may not have the Inputs set up the way you need them.  Is it possible the unit has been taken out of its box at the store and set up for a demo exercise?  The HD Pro has the ability to use Global Input Settings and this may have been set for an input scenario that doesn't include the main guitar input socket.

You'll need to check the System settings (page 3) for the input settings.  Hold down the View button to access the System Settings

Nick 

by BCdrum919 on 2012-02-09 16:26:58

Neither solutions worked

Any other ideas??
If not what's the quickest way to get the unit replaced? I literally bought this this thing less than a week ago.

This is so frusturating!! I was hoping to do a lot of recording/experimenting this weekend...

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-02-09 16:37:44

Do you hear anything via the headphones? If you select the tuner does that seem to be picking anything up?

by Line6Hugo on 2012-04-05 16:23:38

Hello,

Were you able to resolve the problem?  Mr_Akadin's questions would be the best thing to try.  What happens when you try them?

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.