These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: James Tyler Variax Guitars

Support community for JTV.

Virtual Capo with Pod HD500?
by mynameisace on 2012-02-09 06:38:54

Hey guys,

I purchased my JTV-69 last week and I'm going abroad to do session work with the guitar.

I will be playing everything from jazz - disco with everything in between.

The set is around 250 songs and a few need that open string capo'd sound. I was thinking of buying a HD500 to control this, but before I buy it, I need to know if I can set the HD500 to force different capo'd positions on different songs or if the HD500 can only choose the saved virtual capo turnings on your guitar.

Could I essentially have 11 different capo positions set up for 11 different songs or am I limited to what I have saved to my JTV?

Thanks,

Ace

Re: Virtual Capo with Pod HD500?
by TheRealZap on 2012-02-09 06:44:11

for now... you are limited on what you store on the JTV... however... they have announced the pod hd v2.0 firmware updates coming out will have the ability to force alt tunings from the tone selected.

by mynameisace on 2012-02-09 06:52:50

Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

I'll hold out for the 2.0 Firmware update. It's due out this month, right? Alongside the JTV update?

I'll just jot down the capo position on the set-list and do the virtual capo tuning on the fly.

Thanks again.

Ace

by TheRealZap on 2012-02-09 06:56:56

it's due out "soon" so not sure if this month is going to happen. but yeah the v1.8 variax update will likely come at the same time... although it's all speculation on my part.

by silverhead on 2012-02-09 06:58:06

There has been no specific timeline announced for the respective HD500 and JTV firmware updates. They are coming 'soon', and we can speculate on whether or not that means this month.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.