These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD X3

I
by mdevillo on 2012-02-09 12:31:00

Is it safe for the POD X3 Pro, to connect the POD X3 Pro, headpone output jack, directly to a Marshall 4X12 Cabinet, using a standard guitar cord?  Basically just using the Marshall cabinet like a big set of headphones, I did connect the headphone to the 4/8 Ohn side on the 1960 Marshal cabinet and it works fine, and gets load.  But affraid it could damage the POD X3 Pro? Is Ohms impedance an issue? Any help or discussion is greatly appreciated.

Re: I
by Line6Hugo on 2012-05-23 10:02:16

Hello,

To work properly, speaker cabs need to be connected to a power amp to provide the power to drive the speakers properly.  The POD X3 is just a preamp and you are not sending the optimal signal to feed those speakers with the headphones jack.  That Phones output is for headphones and computer/desktop speakers or feeding into a Line input.

For future technical support requests, please use the contact technical support link within the Support link at the top of the page:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/

Regards,

Line6Hugo

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.