These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

Mobile in..... yes or no
by stevef1 on 2012-02-10 12:54:41

Hi everyone im thinking of a mobile in for my iPad, but would like a couple of questions answered (honestly LOL)

1-is there ANY delay between a picked note and what you hear?

2-want this for just jamming along with tracks and some light recording on the iPad,,,, what's the best way you guys have found to do this?

thanks

stevef

Re: Mobile in..... yes or no
by Line6Don on 2012-02-13 11:47:01

1. The Mobile In's round trip latency is less than 3-4ms which is competitive with rack mounted studio audio interfaces. A latency of 3-4ms is not a audibly noticable by the human ear.

2. The Mobile In is compatible with any app that uses CoreAudio for audio input, so you there are numerous different apps that you can use to record with. Check out the App Store and find one that works well for you.

by stevef1 on 2012-02-17 08:08:03

Thanks line6don.... Plan to get one soon, is there any mobile in v2 with better features etc on the horizon, I hate getting new kit to find a month later an newer version lol..

Ta

Steve

by britgeekoncall on 2012-02-18 08:23:40

Steve I bought the Mobile In, on the strength of listening to Line6 online audio demos of it, at Line6.com and I have to say using this device on my iPad2, sounds nothing like those tones.

First off, there is alot of extra unwanted noise, even with the noise gate on, with threshold around 1pm, I thought putting the ipad into airplane silent mode would help, it didnt.

I was hoping that I could hook up the mobile in to my iPad2, then run a signal out (1/8"- 1/4") to my Motu audio card, so I could get the line 6 processing in this device coming out through

my audio interface, monitors, but according to the manual you can't do that. It MUTES it, go figure that one out. I think the mobile In is the most dissapointing thing I have seen them bring out,

for almost $100 it's cheap looking, made of plastic, and of course is made in China, I don't like to knock Line 6 but, I returned it within 2 days.

by stevef1 on 2012-02-19 13:32:21

Well I decided to get the mobile in......

Happy so far with it, at less than £60 it's not bad (for me) I can jam along with ITunes, it would be nice if I didn't have to start iTunes then switch to the pod but ya never know what might be around the corner for the software, it should be easy to implement...... (please line6)

Overall very happy, not bad kit for the price...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.