These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Cable tip stuck inside the output jack.
by hatecrewabeer on 2012-02-11 00:08:48

Hello,

I own a HD 500 and unfortunately one of my cable plugs end broke and that is stuck inside the Left output of my HD. Without getting that out i cannot use the dual output option in gigs. Any suggestions on how can i get that tip out of the output jack slot?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Cable tip stuck inside the output jack.
by Nick_Mattocks on 2012-02-11 01:28:01

Hi

Opening your POD HD500 will void your warranty, so for that reason you would be best advised to take the unit to an Authorised Service Centre.

As a general rule a standard jack socket of the type used in the HD500 uses two or three sprung connector 'leaves' or 'fingers' in line with the innermost one of these engaging with the recess on the tip of the jack plug, and it's this that retains the jack plug.  Usually with care and with whatever unit you have where the jack plug tip has broken off inside the socket and with the unit open, you can gently pry the relevant spring 'finger' of the socket upwards with a small flat bladed screwdriver thereby releasing the trapped plug end.  But take care not to bend the spring connector too far as it will never return to its original position if you do.  

Should you decide to attempt a self repair the risk is entirely yours, and in all seriousness I would advise you to take the unit in to an ASC for this.

Nick

by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-11 02:25:31

+1 Nick.  If youi validate your warrantly and do further damage then you will be in a bad place.  Take it back.

Coincidentally, I have a similar problem with my wifes mobile where a 1/8" headphone jack tip has snapped off in the socket.  That has gone back to the shop but I was considering putting a small blob of epoxy resin on something long and thin and VERY carefully inserting it into the phone and onto the snapped tip.  The socket was a bit thin for me to dare to do this but think (if I had no other option) that I might be willing to give it a try on a wider 1/4" socket.  I would leave the epoxy to set then try carefully pulling it out.

by hatecrewabeer on 2012-04-05 05:09:49

Thanks for the help bro! The problem is there is no line 6 service centers or any good electronic stores experienced with such gadgets down here where i live. The only guitar mechanics around work pretty carelessly and u cant even trust them! thus i'm already in a f**ked up position

by mazuwa on 2012-04-05 06:19:35

If you are not scared because of the warranty, and you can't repair it easily on your own, you can bring it to a music store or any audio service station becasue they all have and know audio jacks. It is not Line6 specific.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.