These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

How to set parameters values to assign control?
by paulogmp3 on 2012-02-11 06:23:26

Hello people!

How are you?

I've always used equipment from boss and now I'm using the POD HD 500 and I am very pleased with the tones. In my boss gt-10, I'd like to address "pedals assigns" values​​, for example, I could increase or decrease the drive, or feedbak (delay) in pre-determined values ​​(change the drive from 50 to 80, for example .)

How to do it in POD HD-500? I would like, for exemple,  when stepping into the switch FS1 change the drive value parameter from 40 to 60.

Is this possible?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Paulo Guilherme

Re: How to set parameters values to assign control?
by silverhead on 2012-02-11 06:41:41

You may be able to do that using MIDI control, but the simplest way to do it is by using the pedal. In the Controllers section of the Edit pages, footswitches can be assigned to turn things on/off. The Pedal(s) can be assigned to control a range of parameter values. In your case, you could assign EXP-1 (the onboard HD500 pedal) to control the amp's Drive value and assign it a minimum value of 50 and a maximum value of 80. Then you would get the result you want by rocking the pedal from the heel to toe position.

Investigate the MIDI control section as well. You may be able to assign FS1 to send an internal MIDI message that will cause the amp Drive parameter to change immediately to a sdpecific value. I'm not sure about this and would have to investigate this further - but you can experiment with it. Another user might be able to say yes or no clearly to this idea, and if yes give you specific instructions.

by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-11 12:02:56

I may be wrong but I think that the Midi implementation on the HD 500 and Pro (firmware 1.40) allows you to toggle the footswitch assignments rather than access indivitual parameters ... which is a huge shame.  Who knows: this may change in future.  Happy to be corrected on this.

by paulogmp3 on 2012-02-11 13:28:43

Hi!

I have already knew I could use the expression pedal to control the parameters.

I'll try to learn about the midi!

Thank you,

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.