These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD Farm / POD Studio / TonePort

POD HD 500 vst?
by torge176 on 2012-02-12 06:09:04

Hi,

I just want to know if it is possible to record a clean signal into my computer so that I can add effects after the recording.

Couldn't find anything with Google and I knew that it was possible with the x3 with gearbox/podfarm and stuff..

thank you

Re: POD HD 500 vst?
by silverhead on 2012-02-12 06:36:12

The Pod HD500 sends a dry signal to your DAW via the s/pdif output.

If you do not have an s/pdif audio interface, you can arrnage for a dry signal to be sent via the HD500 USB connection. To do that set up a dual path preset in the HD500. Set Input 1 = Guitar and Input 2 = Same. Split tha paths immediatley in the signal chain - do not place any amp/FX before the path split. Use Path A for your wet signal - put all your guitar preocessing here (amp/FX). Use Path B for your dry signal - place no amp/FX here. In the mixer, pan Path A full L and Path B full R. In your DAW, arm a track for recording your dry signal and select HD500 R channel as your Record Input Source. If you want you can simultaneously record the wet signal in a second track.

Re: POD HD 500 vst?
by torge176 on 2012-02-12 10:12:57

wow, that sounds very difficult compared to the way it works like on the x3 etc. Thank you anyways!

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.