POD HD400 Setup Issues (It's silent!)
on 2012-02-15 19:11:08
So I started to setup my brand new POD HD400 tonight in the hopes of exploring all of its amp presets, effects, and other goodies. However, I couldn't get past the first note!
- I connected the monitors with brand new XLR cables into the balanced output jacks
- I connected the guitar with a brand new 1/4" to 1/4" cable
- I plugged in the power cable
- I waited for a moment as the pod started itself up, then saw "01A" blinking away, hurray my first preset!
- I strummed and nothing came out of the monitors.
- I was sad.
Here's what I've tried / checked.
- Monitor volumes are at half, (unbalanced RCA from each goes into another device and sound comes out of it just fine)
- Master volume knob on the POD is at 10 o'clock or 12 o'clock
- Pedal is in "VOL" mode and has been moved around
- Guitar volume / tone knobs have been moved around
- Connections have been checked, all snug.
- Held down the tuner button on the pod and strummed each string, it correctly identified E, A, D, G, B, E.
- I grabbed a pair of headphones and plugged them in, heard a slight hiss from the POD and strummed, no love.
- I updated the firmware to 1.3.1 and attempted all the above again.
I'll note I'm a complete guitar newbie, this is a 10 year drummer attempting to learn a new instrument in a small non-drum friendly apartment .
Is there some button or switch I've missed to make the magic come alive
Thanks a bunch folks!
The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.