These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

POD HD400 Setup Issues (It's silent!)
by Daphoid on 2012-02-15 19:11:08

Hi EveryoneI

So I started to setup my brand new POD HD400 tonight in the hopes of exploring all of its amp presets, effects, and other goodies. However, I couldn't get past the first note!

- I connected the monitors with brand new XLR cables into the balanced output jacks

- I connected the guitar with a brand new 1/4" to 1/4" cable

- I plugged in the power cable

- I waited for a moment as the pod started itself up, then saw "01A" blinking away, hurray my first preset!

- I strummed and nothing came out of the monitors.

- I was sad.

Here's what I've tried / checked.
- Monitor volumes are at half, (unbalanced RCA from each goes into another device and sound comes out of it just fine)

- Master volume knob on the POD is at 10 o'clock or 12 o'clock

- Pedal is in "VOL" mode and has been moved around

- Guitar volume / tone knobs have been moved around

- Connections have been checked, all snug.

- Held down the tuner button on the pod and strummed each string, it correctly identified E, A, D, G, B, E.

- I grabbed a pair of headphones and plugged them in, heard a slight hiss from the POD and strummed, no love.

- I updated the firmware to 1.3.1 and attempted all the above again.

I'll note I'm a complete guitar newbie, this is a 10 year drummer attempting to learn a new instrument in a small non-drum friendly apartment .

Is there some button or switch I've missed to make the magic come alive

Thanks a bunch folks!

D

Re: POD HD400 Setup Issues (It's silent!)
by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-16 02:24:56

It may sound a bit basic but have you tried testing your guitar and cable on another amp or whatnot?  It is posible that the problem is upstream ...

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.