These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

How does one connect Mobile In to a windows PC, for home recording? I use a MOTU 6x6 Audio Express USB
by britgeekoncall on 2012-02-16 08:21:33

OK SO, I PURCHASED THE LINE6 MOBILE IN LAST WEEK, ON THE STRENGTH OF THE LINE6 AUDIO DEMO'S, THOUGHT GREAT! THIS LITTLE DEVICE WILL BE IDEAL

FOR JAMMING AT HOME, RECORDING INTO PRO TOOLS, ON WINDOWS 7 64 BIT PRO.

MY SOUND CARD IS A USB/FIREWIRE MOTU 6X6 AUDIO EXPRESS, I HAVE POWERED MONITORS, RUNNING OFF THE MOTU WHICH IS MAIN L/R OUT'S

MY PUZZLE IS THIS, THERE SEEMS TO BE NO WAY TO PLUG MY GUITAR INTO THE MOBILE IN, AND RUN THE OUTPUT INTO MY AUDIO CARD?

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THERE IS NO DIRECT LINE OUT L/R ON THE MOBILE IN, YES IT HAS A LINEIN STEREO BUT THAT DOES

NOTHING TO HELP ME GET THE TONES COMING OUT OF MY MONITORS?

THE TONE OF MOBILE IN JUST COMING OUT OF MY iPAD 2 IS SO UNUSABLE, IT DISTORTS AND SOUNDS SO FIZZY.

IF THERE IS A WAY TO GET THE LINE 6 MOBILE IN APP PROCESSION TONES, COMING DIRECTLY OUT OF MY MOTU AUDIO INTERFACE,

I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW, I AM STUMPED ON THIS.

IN THE LINE6 MOBILE IN, LITTLE MANUAL, IT SAYS DO NOT PLUG THE GUITAR CABLE IN AND ANOTHER AUDIO CABLE INTO THE LINE-IN

AT THE SAME TIME, SO WHAT'S THE PURPOSE OF THAT INPUT?

S.OS....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ON THIS MATTER? REALLY HOPE SO.. ATTACHED IS A PIC OF THE BACK OF MOTU 6X6 MOTU BACK INPUTS.JPG

KEEP ROCKING!

ROD IN FLORIDA

Re: How does one connect Mobile In to a windows PC, for home recording? I use a MOTU 6x6 Audio Express USB
by Line6Don on 2012-03-01 16:19:21

In order to record the sound of the Mobile POD app, you will need to conenct headphone out of your iPad into a Line in on your Motu. To do so, you will need to use a 1/8" stereo to 1/4" mono tip sleeve or "Y" cable that is a 1/8" stereo to (2) 1/4" mono tip sleeve cables on the other end.

The purpose of the Stereo line in on the Mobile In is to input a stereo line level audio source into the mobile audio app you are using, things like keyboards, drum machines, even a mixing board.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.