These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

Global Parameter Reset changed Set List Names
by edstar1960 on 2012-02-17 04:41:07

I accidentally did a global parameter reset when attempting to get into test mode to calibrate my HD500's foot pedal. I didn't realise at the time. I continued and di the pedal calibration but when I powered the HD500 on again, I noticed that my set list choice now read:

BEST OF HD500

FX HEAVY

SONG/STYLE

BASS/ACO/VOCAL

L6LINK <-> DT

USER 1

USER 2

USER 3

I remembered that I had tried starting the HD500 pushing the left -arrow first which did not seem to do anything, before trying again and pushing the righ-arrow to get into test mode and calibrate my pedal. I figured that the first power on pushing the left-arrow must have caused this change.

I then panicked as when I looked at USER 1 it was just filled with  NEW TONES and I had spent days setting up loads of new patches in USER 1.  Had they all disappeared I wondered?

Then I found all my patches in set list L6LINK <-> DT which was in the position that used to be called USER 1.  Ah!  So it had just renamed my set list.  But why?

Are the set list names I now have - the correct default ones?  For example the one labelled BASS/ACO/VOCAL does not contain any BASS, ACOUSTIC or VOCAL patches.

It does seem that only the set list names have changed - so what should they be called?    Should I simply rename them back to the corect default names (if someone would be kind enough to let me know what they should be) - or should I perform a reflash of v1.43 and will that reset them for me?

Thanks.

Best Regards

Eddie

Re: Global Parameter Reset changed Set List Names
by silverhead on 2012-02-17 06:18:39

Performing a Global Parameters reset on the HD500 does not change any presets but it does restore the Setlist Names to the factory defaults. I think what has happened in your case is this sequence of events:

1) You updated the device firmware to v1.43 and chose to keep your existing presets. This resulted in the factory Setlist Names for 1.43 to be downloaded into your device, but not yet used/visible because you kept the existing ones. However, the device now knows that v1.43 added a new factory setlist (BASS/ACO/VOCAL) in setlist #4, adjusting the Setlist Names accordingly, meaning the User1 setlist name is now in setlist #6 while setlist name #5 is noe L6Link<-> DT. But I repeat - none of this is yet visible because you kept your existing presets.

2) You performed a GLobal Parameters rest, which now updates the Setlist Names (but only the names - the presets themselves are not affected). Now you have the confusing situation you describe. The setlist named USER1 (now in position #6) does not correspond to the presets that are contained in that setlist. After the panic has subsided, you find them in setlist #5 - which is now named L6Link<-> DT. And, of course, the setlist labelled BASS/ACO/VOCAL does not contain any BASS, ACOUSTIC or VOCAL patches. Instead, it contains whatever presets you had in setlist #4 when you performed the firmware update and chose to keep those presets.

3) The resulting situation is that your HD device setlist names now show the factory names, but the actual presets do not correspond because you have not actually updated the presets.

To synchronize the setlist names with the presetsyou can either:

a) update the firmware again and this time choose not to keep your existing presets. Of course, you should back up any setlists/presets you want to kepp before doing this.

b) use the HD device editor to rename your setlists so that they reflect the contained presets. Don't forget to hit the Enter key after renaming the setlist to make it stick. The SEND SETLIST to the HD device - this will update the setlist name.

Hope this helps.

by edstar1960 on 2012-02-17 08:45:37

Thank you very much Silverhead for a very clear and detailed explanation.

I would like to try out some of the new default factory patches, so I think I will back up my existing user patches and then update the flash once more to get the new factory patches. Then I can reload my user patches.

Thanks again!

by silverhead on 2012-02-17 09:06:12

Sounds like a good plan. Glad to help.

by preciousgeorge on 2012-10-17 19:09:39

Does this problem occur because the Global reset is done with the USB cable still connected and Edit running?  Is it important to remove the USB cable prior to the global reset?

by TheRealZap on 2012-10-17 19:15:42

it's not really a problem... it's by design... won't matter if usb is connected or not... resetting the globals resets the setlists names... not a huge deal as your presets are not affected.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.