These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Lowdown

Buzzing sound coming from rear of LD110 Cabinet
by g012170 on 2012-02-18 09:48:14

I just purchased a low down studion 110 amp yesterday evening.  When i began to practice with it today I noticed there is a very noticeable buzz coming from the rear of the amp cabinet.  I tried to ignore it but it is very noticeable.  I have parked all the settings to 0 % and only used master volume however the buzzing still continued.  I love the size of this amp and the sound that it puts out, however, I cant get past the continuous buzzing from the rear of the cabinet.   At one point I tilted the amp slightly forward and guess what happened?  The buzz disappeared, however, when I returned the amp back to its' upright position the buzzing returned.  Can someone help.???  Should I contact the retailer where I purchased for an exchange?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Buzzing sound coming from rear of LD110 Cabinet
by Kneehow on 2012-02-22 10:59:43

An exchange with the dealer will probably be the quickest solution for you, since you just purchased the cabinet; but ultimately it sounds like that particular LowDown LD100 cabinet you current have needs to be looked at by an amp tech. Sounds like a physical/vibration issue.

If you wish to have it looked at, we have authorized service center (ASC) techs around the country. Perhaps there is one nearby to you: http://line6.com/support/serviceCenters/

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.