These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD 2.0, PODxt Family, Pocket POD, FloorPODs

Recording with Pod XT Pro - How can I record using outboard fx in the fx loop?
by Petethroadie on 2012-02-19 09:05:39

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to record some tracks using Garageband '11 on Mac OS X Lion through my Pod XT Pro with some delays, pedals etc connected to the fx loop, but it's only recording what's happening in the Pod, not the outboard sounds.

Has anyone else come across this issue? First time I've tried to record my guitar sound, so I may be missing something obvious.

I've got the Guitar straight into the Pod, then the fx out goes to a rack full of pedals, etc. then back to the fx return on the pod, which is connected to the Mac by USB.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,

Pete

Re: Recording with Pod XT Pro - How can I record using outboard fx in the fx loop?
by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-02-19 10:01:21

From page 3.17 in the manual:

"Please note that the PODxt Pro’s effects loop is entirely analog and is placed directly before the analog outputs, so anything run in the loop will not be present in the digital out."

Re: Recording with Pod XT Pro - How can I record using outboard fx in the fx loop?
by Petethroadie on 2012-02-20 03:45:17

Ahh, thanks for that. I hadn't noticed that. :-(

Do you happen to know if it's the same for later models? e.g. the Pod HD Pro or Pod X3 Pro?

Thanks,

Pete

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-02-20 07:50:01

The Pod HD500 and  HD Pro have a fully flexible loop position, so it gets integrated into the full digital circuit. I don't know the X3 Live/Pro, but seeing as you can move the loop pre or post I'm guessing it also appears at the digital out.

by Petethroadie on 2012-02-20 12:51:23

OK, thanks!

by Mr_Arkadin on 2012-02-20 14:15:24

I never found the loop very useful on the XT Pro, I have to say. It is in probably the least useful position it could be (and as you say, does not even go to the digital output). I think Line 6 must have realised this as they fixed it in the later models.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.