These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: Sonic Port / Mobile In

What recording apps for mobileIn?
by nicksaalfeld on 2012-02-21 07:40:03

Hi there,

I bought MobileIn because of the promise that it would work with many iphone recording apps (I have FiRe, for example).

However, I cannot find anything which works apart from GarageBand.

Do you know of any specific apps in the AppStore other than GarageBand which are compatible with MobileIn?

I have seen the stock answer " It’s compatible with any app that uses CoreAudio for audio input" many many times, but that is not a complete answer - I would like some options, please.

GarageBand is OK, but not designed for simple 2-mic interviews (which is what I want to achieve).

Any answers?

Thank you!

Re: What recording apps for mobileIn?
by nicksaalfeld on 2012-02-27 07:41:45

Deafening silence from Line6 Support, so my mobileIn is being returned today, and swapped for an (admittedly twice the price) Sonoma WireWorks Guitar Jack.

by silverhead on 2012-02-27 07:47:25

I don't think your issue is an app issue - it's a hardware issue.

The Mobile In audio interface has two mutually exclusive inputs: a mono instrument-level input for guitar, and a stereo line-level input for outboad gear. In order to use two microphones you will need an external device to accept the mic inputs and send the blended output signal to one of the Mobile In inputs.

So, yes - it's probably best to return the Mobile In and get a single hardware interface that meets your needs. The Mobile In was not designed (nor advertised) for two microphones.

by Line6Don on 2012-03-02 09:48:28

+1 to silverhead.

To use two microphones at you will need an external mixer/device to amplify the mics and send the blended output signal to the stereo line on the Mobile In.

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.