These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: POD HD

Support forums for all POD HD products

HD500+DT25+DVI+Variax Preset Outputs, Acoustic going out to monitors and not DT-25
by dan7 on 2012-02-21 18:40:22

What I thought I'd be able to do when I bought this was to be able to assign the outputs on the HD500 on a preset basis. My main issue is using the acoustic guitars on my JTV-69. It's farily easy to set up the guitars to change with the presets and amps but I want to get the acoustic guitar out of the HD500 to monitors and not going into the DT-25 by changing the preset. Is this possible?

Re: HD500+DT25+DVI+Variax Preset Outputs, Acoustic going out to monitors and not DT-25
by stumpsout on 2012-02-21 22:55:55

use the send of the fx loop

Re: HD500+DT25+DVI+Variax Preset Outputs, Acoustic going out to monitors and not DT-25
by jimsreynolds on 2012-02-22 03:59:58

+1 Stumpout

Just take the FX Loop send out to the board (or DI Box).  Include an FX Loop block in any patch where you want to use your acoustic and make sure it is switched on.  If the FX

Block goes before an amp model (or you switch the amp model off) then it should be unaffected by modelling or output modes.  If you want the amp modelling in there for acoustic guitar then be aware that you cannot have Studio Direct at the FX Loop but also use one of the Power Amp/Front Modes into your amp.  You must choose between the two.

by MerlinFL on 2012-02-22 12:02:38

How about using one of my patches I created for the Variax guitar as well as the POD HD500 with or without the DT amp connection.  If you use one of my Acoustic patches for the HD500 and you're L6 linked to the DT, then it WILL sound very nicely acoustic.  Even though the amp has no tweeter or horn, it still WILL sound very acoutsic, BUT the BONUS is that while still using the same signal chain with the XLR out the back of the DT amp - you will GET the Tweeter/Horn sound from the PA speakers for those harmonics and other overtones not able to be reproduced properly by a speaker only.

Why hassle with extra patches if you don't need to?

Here's the link to my list of uploads.  The POD HD500 patches start on page 3.

http://line6.com/customtone/profile/MerlinFL/

I hope this helps make things real easy for you and anyone else who might read this method of connecting gear to a PA system.

Take care,

Neal

PS - if you like it, or not, I would appreciate any feedback.  I will always help me become better at what I do with my gear and hopefully then share it with the rest of the Line 6 community.

by t0nyhaynes on 2012-05-29 04:43:35

Brilliant advice. Works a treat, thanks for your help. I'm using a JTV 59, DT25 and Marshall AS100 Accoustic amp. Cheers Tony

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.