These forums are read only, please use our new forums here.

Main :: XD-V Digital Wireless Microphones

wireless mic forums

$20 "Document Processing" Fee for Warranty Repairs???????
by juriscon on 2012-02-21 23:25:05

I took my malfunctioning XD-V70 transmitter to Music Makers in Austin, TX for a repair that is covered under warranty. I was told that there would not be a charge for the repair but I would be charged a $20 "document processing" fee because of the complicated paper work required by Line 6 for warranty repairs. This business practice is not allowed for non-musical warranty repairs for companies like Ford, Apple, etc. Is this fee allowed by Line 6? Has anyone else ever been charged this fee by another authorized service center?

Re: $20 "Document Processing" Fee for Warranty Repairs???????
by Line6Tony on 2012-02-22 11:12:43

Hello, and sorry to see your transmitter malfunction. As service centers are free-standing businesses, we cannot control their decisions to levy surcharges on customers. This case makes the second service center we know of that does this. What we’ve done is add a note to their listings on our website warning customers of this fee.

At this point, you have the option of sending the unit here or working with a different service center. If you want to send it here, please call our Service Department at 818-575-3600, options 3-3-2.

Re: $20 "Document Processing" Fee for Warranty Repairs???????
by RonMarton on 2012-02-22 13:36:28

Unfortunately, Line Sixers,

In travelling the world, I've found that the USA is far from being alone in having merchants who devise bogus reasons for initial "documentation/quote/service/handling/fondling/getting out of bed" fees.

Some that I've challenged have tried to justify them as a sort of "triage" for determining whether the client is "serious" in pursuing the repair, so more likely to return and pay the final costs incurred.

In response, I've invariably demonstrated my "seriousness" by finding an alternative repair facility.

If you don't trust me, why would I trust you with my treasured gear ?

The information above may not be current, and you should direct questions to the current forum or review the manual.